Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Index racing and E. T. control

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
For those of you with the E.T. Genie. How much of a turn on the dial indicator would it take you to kill .02 on 1/4 mile E.T if all other variables were the same (weather temps etc...) I'm going to order one this week and was curious how much of a movement it took to see a difference in time. I realize all cars and engines react different just looking for a starting point thanks.
I don't use the dial indicator I just close it one full turn with a 1/2"socket to slow up .02 my base tune is 14 turns shut no reason to use the dial indicator as I roll way in the beams to hit the tree...

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
A question for those of you running the EZ plate.

The plate slide in through the right side? I'm wondering how you get around the fuel lines? Maybe I'm overthinking it?

Could you post up a picture?

Thanks,
Jeff
You can turn it either way. I used the left side under the linkage, real simple to change

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have both versions, 4150 and 4500.

On the 4150 I have a nitrous plate under it as a spacer so the plate will clear the fuel rails when we slide it out (to the passenger side).

On the 4500 it slides right out the front.

Both cars are EFI.

You can turn it either way. I used the left side under the linkage, real simple to change

Thanks for the response guys. I think I'm going to have to install one of these this season... we'll see how she runs.

Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting ready to bite the bullet, lol. Car is to fast for the class and tried everything to slow it down enough. Run's low 6.20's and need to hit the 6.50 index deal. Have Dominator system and using a 1" tapered spacer that can be replaced with either.

Sooooooooooo, have been researching both systems or possible other alternatives that can work, but which of those 2 systems is easier to do in staging, more reliable, easier to tune, etc, etc.

Also don't want to totally give up the all out performance as it is a street car and there is local trash talking. :smt089 ;)

Hope i can get some positive responses to make a choice. Thanks.
EZ plate

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
E Z plate is not made anymore, but there is a new company making the same thing. Advertised on Racing Junk under Carb section. About $550. I payed a lot less for my E Z plate system, but it only takes one win to pay for the system even at this new price. I have not found anything easier to use. The ET Genie you have to adjust by tuning a screw and keep track of where you are at. The E Z Plate is less than 2 minutes to change and is always the same.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,598 Posts
Yes, a friend of mine has been using my 4150 EZ Plate setup and bought a bunch of new plates from the new guy that is now making all of that stuff. I have had a lot of luck with this system.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts