Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking about adding some e track to my enclosed trailer. How is it usually bolted down is it usually just screwed to the wood flooring?

·
Registered
615 Posts
We hit every cross member with 2- 5/16ths bolts. They were on 16" centers. If you cant do that and have to put them in the plywood, then make up some 2 bolt plates to go underneath. Don't just rely on wood (screw) bolts with no backers.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My Intech has airline track (l-track). It is bolted every 4-6" and there is a backing plate welded between the frame rails on the under side of the wood floor.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I did my last enclosed from the front to the back, 2 runs on the floor.

Im i remember correctly, i bolted it down to every crossmember i could and then in between each crossmember
it got a backing plate with a large foot print and 4 more fasteners.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I rebuilt the floor on my 48 foot trailer in the back end where the car is located. I opted to install MAC Versa Track flush mount tracks. This is a long process I started a while ago and its almost 100% completed. I started with utilizing some 2 inch flat stock and using 1/4 uni-strut spring nuts and welded them on the 2 inch flat stock. I then welded the flat stock to the floor joist. I had to utilize the old oil soaked floor boards to act as a template as I was going to use a front wheel net system being the car is low and hard to find tie down locations. So I got the 87 coupe which just finished a back half and my new motor is not in the car. i had to simulate the front weight. But I got the front wheel widths and made templates. I replaced all oil soaked plywood flooring and mounted the new plywood as well as the Versa Track system. Yesterday we just finished the high solids epoxy floor paint with color chips. Here is a link to the slo-build MAC Wheel Hold Down Track
I also made a link to show the floor board replacement as well as epoxy coating.

Chuck
PAE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts