Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought (won auction) a set of Wiseco 6' rod 350 sbc pistons on E-bay. I paid with Paypal right away. I received the pistons soon enough, however when I cleaned them of a little I found 2 were cracked. I sent an email and included pics. They said return for a refund, which I did. I also emailed them telling when I sent them and how much shipping was and requested a refund on my shipping back. I never got a responce until today. They gave me a refund of what I paid, but I'm out the shipping to return them. I feel I am due my shipping back, am I wrong? Its not like I returned them because I didnt want them or any other reason, they were no good. I feel, why should I be out any money when I never received a product I could use. I am planning on trying to email them one more time, and then leaving a negative feedback. I tracked the shipment and it was delivered last tuesday and they refunded me today, that seems a little long too, I paid quickly.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
You should get the money back that you paid for shipping, but will probably not get it back. I would see if you could call them and talk to a person. If nothing comes of it I would definately leave a negative feedback, which is great now because they can't leave one for the buyer anymore. Generally it is not the buyer that deserved the neg. feedback, but just the seller pissed cause they got called out for being a pos

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
I've never known one person/company to pick up the shipping on items that the buyer didn't want or was defective. On defective parts, I've known them to exchange them out but the buyer still pays shipping on the exchange. Sometimes they will but about 90% of the time, it's on the buyer.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
Just my $.02 on the subject...# 1 Its AWESOME that you got a Refund that quick & with NO ISSUES from someone on E-Bay. I have used E-Bay a few times & have not had any bad transactions(Thank God) a couple of smooth purchases.So right off the bat the Dude/Company your dealing with is at leat a descent E-Bayer. As far as getting a Refund on your shipping...I totally understand what your saying & realize why you feel you should also get that back to...... But I wouldn't hold my breath on it. As far as leaving a "Negative Feedback"...thats up to you. Best of luck! :p

·
Registered
547 Posts
I would feel lucky enough that i got my money back , not that its right but they were pawning off garbage in the first place. Alot of times you will just be blown off by them and get nothing back. Good luck hope you get what they owe you.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Leave negative feedback and write off your return shipping costs. Just be glad you're pissed about return shipping and not here saying you're out all of your money.

·
Registered
734 Posts
if they were misrepresented I would be willing to think you should have been refunded for your return shipping price back since they are no good to you

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
ive had very good luck on ebay. i got a bad dist. once and they shipped a new one out before i even had the other packaged back up, plus they sent a prepaid ups return label with the new dist.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never known one person/company to pick up the shipping on items that the buyer didn't want or was defective. On defective parts, I've known them to exchange them out but the buyer still pays shipping on the exchange. Sometimes they will but about 90% of the time, it's on the buyer.
If my suppliers (Nickels, Liberty,etc) send me a defective item they send a call tag to return it, however if I just want to return something shipping is on me. How can anyone expect to do business if they can send you a part that is no good and it cost the customer?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive had very good luck on ebay. i got a bad dist. once and they shipped a new one out before i even had the other packaged back up, plus they sent a prepaid ups return label with the new dist.
I've had a lot of good luck as well. I use craigslist as well, with good results. Just to let everyone know, I buy local as much as possible. I was just trying to put a spare circle track engine together in case one of my customers needed one in a rush to borrow.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you should take the good with the bad. What if you were the other guy? Atleast you got your money back...
I'm VERY honest. If I sent you a defective part, I would make sure it didnt cost you anything for MY mistake. I would want your business again.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Did you read any of the details of the auction concerning returns? 99% of the time it states that the BUYER is responsible for return shipping if there is a problem. Since you only found the cracks AFTER you cleaned them up, I think its safe to say that the seller did not intentionally sell you bad parts. The seller done everything on his end of the agreement....absolutely no reason to leave negative feedback. You bought the items, he shipped them promptly....you were unhappy, so he gave you a refund. Sounds like a stand up seller to me. Suppose you bought an appliance from Lowe's or Home Depot and it died a week later. You bring it back to the store and they give you a complete refund.....do you ask them to pay for your time and gas bringing it back? How bout if your wife buys a crock pot from Walmart and she gets it home and it never works......Do you call Walmart and ask them to pay your gas to return it, or do you just get in your car and return it......then leave happy because you weren't stuck with it????
Another important detail is how much you paid for the set of pistons. If you won the auction for $50 or something dirt cheap like that, don't you think its still a great deal even if you have to buy 2 pistons???

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
If my suppliers (Nickels, Liberty,etc) send me a defective item they send a call tag to return it, however if I just want to return something shipping is on me. How can anyone expect to do business if they can send you a part that is no good and it cost the customer?
I was speaking from personal experience from both sides of the counter. I have had call tags sent out, and then there's times where I had to pick up the shipping. Believe me, I'm on your side as a buyer with a defective part but in this world we live in, this is why I said 90%.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
I think you should take the good with the bad. What if you were the other guy? Atleast you got your money back...
Yeah but the way you're looking at it, most jackasses mark the shipping up to $30 then pay $6 to ship it, making $24. If they give the shipping back then they are losing money(which is what should happen for selling defective parts), but if they just pay the part cost back and keep the shipping they make $24, get a good feedback for sending money back, and you're just out the $30 cause you should be happy with the $100+ dollars you got back...

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah but the way you're looking at it, most jackasses mark the shipping up to $30 then pay $6 to ship it, making $24. If they give the shipping back then they are losing money(which is what should happen for selling defective parts), but if they just pay the part cost back and keep the shipping they make $24, get a good feedback for sending money back, and you're just out the $30 cause you should be happy with the $100+ dollars you got back...
Yea, they charged me more for shipping than I paid to ship them back, but I just asked for what I paid to ship.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts