Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
On the roller...
15,866 Posts
Richard has been posting a shit-ton of great videos the last few months.....well worth subscribing to.
He really has. Quick and to the point for most of them.

·
Señor Member
28,225 Posts
Someone should post that video in Henry's 351 Cleveland thread.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Everyone was cheating in 69 and Penske (Donahue) and Traco did it the best. Testing them as stock and then talking about TA results is comparing apples to oranges as the were built to satisfy homologation.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Interesting video. It was not uncommon to partially fill the intake ports on Boss 302/ 351C heads to help velocity. Raised exhaust ports helped a ton also.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Tuning according to factory? Or tuning of the day? Or today? Track tuned? Drag tuned? Dyno tuned? Engine mods? As cast heads? Or just "mild" port work and smoothing.... Who ran the dyno with their tricks to get BS big numbers? There is no end to the variables.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Richard has been posting a shit-ton of great videos the last few months.....well worth subscribing to.
He absolutely has. I gave him some shit for his LS3 vs LS2 head comparison and got a lot of heat on the youtube comments for it. Not certain what exactly happened with the release of all of these videos but I think he is out of contract with some of the sponsors now or renegotiated his contract with MT. He seems way less biased about things these last few months.

My argument on the LS3 head (Rectangular Port) vs the Cathedral Port is that he and others in the comments were trying to say that LS3 intake manifold is the difference in the 20 hp and not the head. But the LS3 setup was down about 0.5-0.6 points on the compression ratio. If the LS3 heads were milled to maintain/equal the compression ratio of the cathedral port, you would see 35-50 hp difference. My theory on the bias from these older videos stems from the aftermarket companies which he likely had a contract with or through his employer Motor Trend were kinda forcing him to say the LS3 heads are not all that great. Why? Because GM released a factory cylinder head that destroyed all kinds of highly researched and developed aftermarket heads and that contract prevented him from telling the truth. If a set of $300-$750 used LS3/L92 heads would equal or beat a set of $2500+ after market heads, why would anyone spend the extra dough?

·
Smart Ass Conservative
104,153 Posts
More like second place in the 1969 trans am series :p
A big wreck at a race in canaduh totaled out almost every car they had and it was still close .They won the next year .

1 - 20 of 127 Posts