Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comparing the two dynos which one is better as a tuning tool. Does any one have personal experience with both of them ?

let us compare MD 500 dyno with 224xlc . Both are load dynos 224xlc uses one big inertia drum were md500 uses smaller two rollers. software wise I have seen MD software, basically you can do anything with it like simulating road load. And I checked dynojet software but i can not see any info regarding what you can simulate with it.

What do you think ? :-D

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I had a dynojet, then rented a dynocom 6000 (very similar to the mustang) and ended up buying a dynocom 7500 with load cell (similar to dynojet 224xl). I tune mostly 1,000+hp stuff and like the big roller with load cell. I didnt like dynojets customer service and sold my dynojet because of lack of load cell for tuning. I highly recommend going to PRI or SEMA and seeing all of them in person and talking to them ea and see what you like best. All of them have their pro's and cons so alot comes down to personal preference and what your tuning.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a dynojet, then rented a dynocom 6000 (very similar to the mustang) and ended up buying a dynocom 7500 with load cell (similar to dynojet 224xl). I tune mostly 1,000+hp stuff and like the big roller with load cell. I didnt like dynojets customer service and sold my dynojet because of lack of load cell for tuning. I highly recommend going to PRI or SEMA and seeing all of them in person and talking to them ea and see what you like best. All of them have their pro's and cons so alot comes down to personal preference and what your tuning.
I like dyno mustang and I talked to sales engineer he showed me dyno capabilities and I love it .most of the cars I work on are less than 800 hp. The problem is most customers like dyno jet because of high numbers. so I was thinking of buying 224xlc with load cell but our local dealer have no idea what load cell can do so I am lost.

thank you for your feedback

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I had a DJ for 10 years and worked on several Mustangs, I personally never cared for the Mustang dyno's I used but maybe they were older. That said, I will never buy a roller dyno again, look into hub dyno's too.
I had a Dyno Pack for 11 years which is an awesome dyno, we kept exceeding it's HP so we upgraded but I wish I kept it for the basic cars. I just replaced it with a Dynocom 3500 POD series which is a nice dyno and can handle big power, but for the lower HP cars, it's like towing a Prius with a Mack truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts