Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dyno and made 736whp on 18 #'s this pull was made with 30 degrees timing!

The car has a 8.5 to 1 comp 355 with a solid flat tappet cam, vic jr heads, super vic intake 750 CSU carb, bullseye power s480 with billet racecover no intercooler, water meth and c16 fuel.

Last year I dyno'ed with the same motor but with a s475 and made 640 at 19 pounds and 735 with 22 pounds. So at 18 pounds with the s480 I am up close to 100hp!

I would have loved to hit it with 25 pounds but I could not get my ams-500 to make anymore then 18 pounds. With just the gate spring, the heaviest one with a JGS60mm gate I got only 7 pounds of boost. I was running without CO2 and I will have to go pick up a bottle and reg to make more boost!

Just thought I would report my numbers. I feel on 25 pounds the car would probably make close to 850-900 at the tires. Before with the 75mm BW turbo it picked up 100whp going from 19 pounds to 22 pounds, so I feel with the bigger turbo it would make a fare amount more at 25 pounds.

I will be going to the track on May 22 and I will be on radials so I hope all goes well.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Good job man, sounds like you're gettin it figured out, I'm really gonna need a bigger blower to keep up with you now. ..

Chris

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Congrats on the numbers. FYI, You can also double up on the springs. They send you big and small springs. You can mix and match for more boost until you get the CO2.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Good numbers! My car is close to the same combo, but with Dart 230's and a solid roller .600ish. Ran a 6.06 at 116mph last week on 15-16psi leaving at 4600rpm on the brake.

You should get some low nines for sure!

·
Registered
24,160 Posts
You can disconnect the bottom port of the JGS and it will basically double the pressure on spring alone . Then add 1 or 2 psi to the top of the gate and go from there . My JGS 50mm will make 5 psi with the bottom port connected , it makes 10psi with it open to atmosphere . Then with 6 on the AMS500 it will make 16psi of boost .

Great job on the numbers . I run a S480 on a 385ci sbc making who knows what HP . But it pushes 4400lbs to 142mph in the 1/4 . 9.6s et . on 17psi . I run a standard 3core procharger intercooler on C-16 and no water/meth . IATs are 160º at the stripe .

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Where's a good place to buy a S480 from? Need to get one shipped to Detroit area. Thanx and nice numbers! :D

·
Registered
936 Posts
Of the two turbos you dynoed with did they both have the race compressor cover or were they just the standard diesel units ?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Where's a good place to buy a S480 from? Need to get one shipped to Detroit area. Thanx and nice numbers! :D
I bought mine from Paradise Racing...Luis is a good guy and will treat you right!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
looks like its working good for u... im also going to be looking at one of those s480 for future project..

btw.. is that stock block?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Of the two turbos you dynoed with did they both have the race compressor cover or were they just the standard diesel units ?
The s475 was a standard cover and the one I just dynoed the s480 was a billet race cover from Bullseye!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
btw.. is that stock block?
Yes it is a two bolt main block with splayed caps. Its another reason why I wasn't too concerned with using more boost then 18 pounds for right now! Basically I switched to the s480 so I could make the same power as the s475 but at a lower boost level. I accomplished that so I am happy!

Thanks YB for all the kind words!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts

We carry them all if you need one. Let us know, they are good units indeed.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice bro!!

I've been meaning to ask you how much over the spring pressure should I be with the ams-500? With the 7 pounds on the gate I needed to add 22 pounds from the ams-500 to get to 18 pounds?

If I use co2 will it be closer to what the ams says? For example when running co2 and I am making 7 pounds with the gate and I ask for 13 pounds on the ams box will it make 20 then? Or is every car and setup different?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I've been meaning to ask you how much over the spring pressure should I be with the ams-500? With the 7 pounds on the gate I needed to add 22 pounds from the ams-500 to get to 18 pounds?

If I use co2 will it be closer to what the ams says? For example when running co2 and I am making 7 pounds with the gate and I ask for 13 pounds on the ams box will it make 20 then? Or is every car and setup different?
Always good feeling when you get good results. Get that sucker on the track now...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts

every car and set up is different . When you put co2 on it you wont have to rely on manifold pressure to overcome the gate. Your co2 will be there and on call whenever you need it. The number is not that important, a reference for you. Increase it until you get the boost level you want ;)

seb

1 - 20 of 23 Posts