Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And any input is appreciated....

I have a single 106mm with a single 60mm gate. I have manifold pressure plumbed to the bottom of the gate and to the bov. I have a 2 lb spring in the gate and I have a adjustable regulator for compressed air to the top (which will be c02 and a boost controller)

Am I correct in thinking that if I add 1lb of air to the top of the gate that I will get apporx. 3lbs of boost and if I add 10lb to the top of the gate that I will get 12lbs of boost? Is it linear, or does it take a ton of air pressure to overcome the gate?

I dont have a air pressure guage on the regulator? Should I add one?

This is a blow thru deal and any pointers are much appreciated!!!

Thanks

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Depends on back pressure in the hotside. Most back pressure more pressure to control the gate.

What kind of boost controller?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to use the msd unit once its in the car. but for the dyno im just going to use the regulator with compressed air on it

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
? I guess no one here Dynos their shit
Robert's statement pretty much answered your question...

Robert1320 said:
Depends on back pressure in the hotside. Most back pressure more pressure to control the gate.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Better be ready for 4000HP:rolleyes:

If it was me on the dyno I would up the spring pressure and not use a controller..maybe a bleeder feeding the gate and just use boost pressure to control gate.I would keep it simple on the dyno.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts