Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Wc0dL-dPM

I apologize for the motion sickness, my dad was learning the cam.

The dyno vid was on a loaded Mustang dyno at about 15psi.
Unfortunately the battery died by the time we got to tuning at 19psi, but I can tell you it sounds much more pissed off at 19psi

Car has line lock, 2-step, AMS 2-stage boost controller but unfortunately none of those were working that day as the auto swap was finished the day before. The vid is from a track rental in August only off the wastegate spring at 13.5ish PSI.
Hell, we finished with the car at 4am and had to load the car at 7am, so quite a few things weren't perfect---not to mention the 92* heat.
Those were my first burnouts and track passes ever in an auto, huge difference compared to the stick, felt like a fish out of water big time.

The car's anti-roll bar was binding and one side coilover setting was off so the car was not set-up correctly. It has since been back to Team Z but unfortunately the flexplate/starter ate each other the day we picked it up at Team Z for the 2nd outing, starting a winter tear-down for minor upgrades.
Launches were off the transbrake at only 1-3psi basically just to load the suspension.
60' were high 1.5s, best pass was 9.60 @ 148 at just under 14psi with 1.58 60'
It went 1.51 60' with the TKO600 stick (9.84 @149 at 15psi best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBg3p32KI3E).
Neither combination had been maximized due to limited testing time, I hope to change that later this year.

Plan is to have some 20psi dyno vids later this spring and consistent mid-8s later this summer.

Thanks to Sean (collinsautomotive) for the built AOD and FAST tune updates.
-J

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
Thanx for the props man. We'll get after it this year now that everything is all straightened out.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Bimini, i love that car man, cant wait to see what it does with the updates.. also i was thinking of trying one of the AOD trannys in my car also..

Collinsautomotive- could you PM me a price on one of your AOD trannys, im looking for something like Bimini is running.. it will also be a Turbo SBF street strip setup.

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
monday for sure.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Kicks ass James.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts