Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"In order to be Cummin' you have to be Strokin', before you start Strokin' you have to be hard, Like A Rock..." Here's to the Chevrolet fans!!! Trans in this Cummin's was shot... needed a tow to Vickers Brothers in Alliance, OH...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hopefully there is a powerstroke near by so when he breaks, he can chain up to the chey and pull them both to the shop

·
Registered
163 Posts
A few years ago my brother in law's 2003 2500 with the duramax toasted the transmission. We towed it to the dealership with my 2003 F150 Supercrew truck. It was a load for sure but that F150 just pulled right along. My brother in law still denies to this day that it ever happened. I should have stopped and bought a camera...

·
Registered
6 Posts
They all break under the right circumstances, and at one point or another thay are all a pile of chit.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
why slam Cummins??...too much motor for that sucky trans.

besides, it's cheaper to put a well built trans in the Dodge than it is to repaint that girly colored chebby

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
And when you have a long rod and Built Ford Tough....You can stroke it soft or hard....Chevy goes soft and has to have a bailout & wont ever be able to get it up again....

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A few years ago my brother in law's 2003 2500 with the duramax toasted the transmission. We towed it to the dealership with my 2003 F150 Supercrew truck. It was a load for sure but that F150 just pulled right along. My brother in law still denies to this day that it ever happened. I should have stopped and bought a camera...
Hahahha... I'd deny it too...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why slam Cummins??...too much motor for that sucky trans.

besides, it's cheaper to put a well built trans in the Dodge than it is to repaint that girly colored chebby

How many years did it take Dodge to finally put a good trans behind their diesels? and the one they are using now is knock off copy of the Allison which has been behind the Duramax all along with very few problems compared to the 47LE's and the 48LE's...

·
Runnin Soon...
1,323 Posts
That video's crap my 06 Duramax 2500 has pulled my 32' haulmark loaded up. 80mph no problem. Through the Tennessee mountains no problem. Never got over 210 engine coolant temp, 175 trans temp. And got 12-14MPG doing it.

:butthead:

·
IgnoreIsForPussies
20,761 Posts
That video's crap my 06 Duramax 2500 has pulled my 32' haulmark loaded up. 80mph no problem. Through the Tennessee mountains no problem. Never got over 210 engine coolant temp, 175 trans temp. And got 12-14MPG doing it.

No the truck the idiot was driving is crap,the video was real.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Ditto... except I'm towing through Pa and W Va mountains (same mountains just a little North)

·
Runnin Soon...
1,323 Posts
Yeah they probably drained half the coolant.

I'd passed that piece of crap dodge like it was parked in the weeds. Which it probably will be soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
lol,my biggest fear in my truck is blowing the trans..Hopefully next season ill be able to add another truck to the fleet. Itll be a dmax!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to set the record straight here... The Dodge 3500 on the trailer has 64k miles on it with no power adders and only tows 6000lbs about 1000 miles per year. The Duramax towing the Dodge has 88k miles on it and tows 9400lbs about 3000 per year... and gets 17-18 mpg doing it!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts