Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are diesel sites for this but I don't want to deal with it. 02 60,000 miles and oil level is high on dip stick. 2,500 since last oil change do I have a or several injectors leaking into the oil? I do auto repair for a living but not diesel service. Called a few dealers and they basically told me to go get [email protected]#%@#. Anny input appreciated.

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
it will cost about 4 grand to fix.... it should be under a recall i just had one done that came to my shop and sent him to the dealer... they fixed his for free

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,500 Posts
I know there are diesel sites for this but I don't want to deal with it. 02 60,000 miles and oil level is high on dip stick. 2,500 since last oil change do I have a or several injectors leaking into the oil? I do auto repair for a living but not diesel service. Called a few dealers and they basically told me to go get [email protected]#%@#. Anny input appreciated.
I JUST DEALT WITH THIS SAME STUFF....MINE WAS JUST SMOKING....I PLAYED HELL GETTING THEM TO COVER IT.....I HAD TO GO TO THE GM.....AND BASICALLY TELL HIM I WASN'T LEAVING UNTIL MY SHIT WAS FIXED.....IT WORKED....GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know of a dealer in houston texas that will help called a few and they said it was too old to be covered even with the low mileage.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Anyone know of a dealer in houston texas that will help called a few and they said it was too old to be covered even with the low mileage.

it was 7 years or 200k miles, apparently they`ve made it tougher lately but some guys were still having luck getting them done.

right now if GM wont cover you you need to stop driving that truck and get a new set or have yours rebuilt, then change the oil a few times and hope your bottom end is happy.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
are you the original owner? Where did you buy it? Take it to the dealer you bought it from and they MIGHT fix it. It is past the 7 years or 200,000 policy

·
Registered
29 Posts
My guess is your SOL for warranty. They are really sticky on that 7yr 200k mile warranty. If you go to the dieselplace forum some of their sponsors have a good price on injectors. I got my 04 done on warranty last year and I think the warranty bill was close to 4500

·
Meh Commander
13,725 Posts
About the time GM’s cash problems started they basically changed the warranty on the bosh injectors.
They only warranty them now if there is one certain code….has something to do with high rate of fuel return.
Basically they have paid back there lone on the backs of us.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are you the original owner? Where did you buy it? Take it to the dealer you bought it from and they MIGHT fix it. It is past the 7 years or 200,000 policy
No I'm the second owner the origonal owner never drove it. I've put 10,000 miles on it in 4 years. I guess I really don't drive it either. I've got a company truck full time so it doesn't see much road time.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Our MD Truck shop does all of those jobs at the dealership I work at.
From what I remember our cost on the injector(reman) is $175.00 each.
If I can make it into work tomorrow I'll see what I can find out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
#04039C: Special Coverage Adjustment - Injectors - Replace - (Dec 8, 2009)

Subject:04039C - Special Policy Adjustment - Injector - Replace

Models:2001-2004 Chevrolet Silverado
2001-2004 GMC Sierra
2004 Chevrolet Kodiak
2004 GMC TopKick
Equipped with 6.6L Duramax Diesel (RPO LB7 - VIN Code 1) Engine

Technical Service Bulletins 03-06-04-036B and 04-06-04-007I have been incorporated into this bulletin. Please discard all copies of bulletin 04039B, issued November 2007.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2374372&from=sm#ss1-2374372">Condition

Some customers of 2001-04 model year Chevrolet Silverado; GMC Sierra; 2003 Chevrolet Kodiak and GMC TopKick vehicles, equipped with a 6.6L Duramax Diesel (RPO LB7 - VIN Code 1) engine, may experience vehicle service engine soon (SES) light illumination, low engine power, hard start, and/or fuel in crankcase, requiring injector replacement, as a result of high fuel return rates due to fuel injector body cracks, ball seat erosion, or high pressure seal extrusion.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2374372&from=sm#ss2-2374372">Special Policy Adjustment

This special policy covers the condition described above for a period of 7 years or 200,000 miles (320,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.
Important: This special policy only covers

·
Registered
227 Posts
Like someone mentioned above, it's worth your time to check out dieselplace.com...they have a detailed write-up on how to change them yourself [as well as fix anything else on the truck]. Or, I'm sure you could find someone in your area that could change them substantially cheaper than what the dealer is gonna charge you.

Also, if you can scrape up an LLY Dmax engine [04.5-05] you can drop it in place of your LB7 and be done with your injector troubles, because your LB7 injectors *WILL* go out again, that's just what they do [my LB7 ate 3 sets under warranty!]. Anyway, it was always thought that you had to stay within generations on Duramax swaps [03-07.5], but with the help of efi-live you can drop an LLY into an '01-'02: Click here for LB7-->LLY swap link

1 - 14 of 14 Posts