Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a couple of Different ways to go here... Going to get a Motorhome / Toter / MotorCoach---Undecided still... Been looking at a couple of Jayco / Seneca Class 'C' I guess that are built on like a GM TopKick style chassis...with 2-3 slides, Duramax-Allison these are Kind of Like a smaller Version of a Renegade type Toter/MotorCoach....My trailer is a 28'.... This also has to serve as a RV for the Wife and the 8 year'old Grandkids....Does anyone own one of these Jayco-Seneca GM duramax RV's Hoping to get Real World Experience???? thanks..Danny

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Like these

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
Cool but you won't get anywhere in a hurry.Grossly underpowered for what you want to do.I don't know if a aftermarket tuner is available for them or not.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I borrowed one for a florida trip up top there it was great handling and power and the comfort was great, didnt get blown all over the place and it was a diesal left jersey and stoped in florida for fuel 80 gallon tank and i would buy one of these before a small toter for the money! just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think they are called a Super C motorhome

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I wanted one in the worse way. As i looked into them i found them to be overpriced. There are much better deals on other styles of motorhomes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bought an '07 Four Winds Kodiak last year and it pulls my 28' trailer fine. It's not a powerhouse but does the job.

·
SomeWhat Jaded
4,771 Posts
NICE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^666

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a pony xpress motorhome on this chassis with an edge box on setting 2 it pulls fine I have a 28ft featherlite with a 3400lb door car golfcart etc love the turning radius and the no hassle from dot had a toter and stacker got hassled all the time have not had 1 issue with dot with this rig and if I want to stop at ******* barrel I can

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The one thing I would suggest is before you buy the Seneca or Super C on a Kodiac or top kick chassis is check the towing capacity and CGVW . I think you will find that with the motor home loaded that you will exceed the CGVW and with a 28 ft trailer you will be real close if not over the weights recommended. Also I've talked to owners of the seneca, and various models on the G.M chassis and Have had conversations that the ride and stability wasn't the best. Just Do your home work . Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Notch. Be ware with a 6400 your dealing with a coach that's 40' add a 24' trailer and overall length will be 68' The 2011 6400 does have some nice features like air ride suspension and air brakes which does improve the ride all the other 08-10 super nova 6400 have issues with ride. The 2011 super Nova 6400 with all the bells VERY EXPENSIVE. Check out eastcoast rv in Roaring springs Pa. The have about the best selection I could find.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for input guys..... What about class A with Gas V10 ford power for pulling trailer 6500# ??

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
Does Elkart still have their annual national RV show on ND's campus in Southbend, IN?

It might be good if you would go to it.

pdq67

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
we rented one and pulled a 26 ft closed trailer
did the jub , but not a the best power

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Thanks for input guys..... What about class A with Gas V10 ford power for pulling trailer 6500# ??
I hope you have someone sponsoring your fuel if you do much distance, if you plan to go gas!!! Ray.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I was looking to get a class C when I came across a class A gas V10 that was too good to pass up. It's 32' so with a 28' trailer I should be around 65'. It's listed at 15,700 empty with a CGVW of 26,000lbs. I'm only getting ~7mpg without a trailer. One thing to consider at 12.5' tall it's a foot taller than the class C I was looking at. Good luck!
MIKE

1 - 20 of 32 Posts