Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who ever went to the race at Lancaster this past weekend will agree with me when I say it is a hole. The Pro mods were awesome as well as the Q16. The cars couldn't put the power to the ground due to a oily and not prepped track. Then I heard that the owner did not want to pay the racers b/c the action wasn't up to his expectations! If he wants good side by side action, fix the bumps in the track and learn how to prep it. Oh yeah, the shitters should be torn down too!
:-damnit

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Who ever went to the race at Lancaster this past weekend will agree with me when I say it is a hole. The Pro mods were awesome as well as the Q16. The cars couldn't put the power to the ground due to a oily and not prepped track. Then I heard that the owner did not want to pay the racers b/c the action wasn't up to his expectations! If he wants good side by side action, fix the bumps in the track and learn how to prep it. Oh yeah, the shitters should be torn down too!
:-damnit
Amen!

He attempted to not pay us...but after all the drivers confronted him he wrote the check....I doubt MOST of us will ever be back...it's a shit hole.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Other than that ..was it ok?

seriously....some things never change....
ahhh...the owner did seem like a nice guy...easy to get to location?LOL

it was bad.....track surface was terrible....rt lane had the biggest drop off at 100 ft i've ever seen.....the shut down was un safe for Pro Mod style cars.....the return road sucked...we scraped the beam breaker...LOL

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,554 Posts
I am a little concerned about this post. I am planning on going there this weekend to run the "Sunday Niagara" event in the Pro Comp and Top Eliminator class with my 23T. I am expecting to run in the 4.40's.

What kind of times were the PMRA able to put down?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I am a little concerned about this post. I am planning on going there this weekend to run the "Sunday Niagara" event in the Pro Comp and Top Eliminator class with my 23T. I am expecting to run in the 4.40's.

We run consistent 4.20's...been in the teens only a few times...most of the guys Like Mike Stawicki can run 4.00's with ease...

NOT THERE!!

Stawicki pulled 1 4.20's pass and only 1 other car ran 1 pass in the 20's.....We could only muster up a pedal fest of a 4.54....

EVERY car was sideways on EVERY pass....it was scary not more cars were wrecked....shut down is the shortest of any track you have ever been on......

I'll never go back with a fast car.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,554 Posts
Did someone wreck? You are giving me serious second thoughts now about running this event. I have been a best of 4.40, with recent changes I am confident that I now have a solid 4.30 car with a good track and I am looking towards 4.20's with the right conditions. I am getting a feeling that is more than I want to do at Lancaster.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Did someone wreck? You are giving me serious second thoughts now about running this event. I have been a best of 4.40, with recent changes I am confident that I now have a solid 4.30 car with a good track and I am looking towards 4.20's with the right conditions. I am getting a feeling that is more than I want to do at Lancaster.
Jack Grainy swiped the wall....Bruce Boland went off the end off the track couldn't get it stopped...another q-16 car smacked hard in to the wall.....

do what you feel is right...talk to some other racers..don't rely just on my opinion....i doubt you'll hear any better thoughts from fast cars.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Jack Grainy swiped the wall....Bruce Boland went off the end off the track couldn't get it stopped...another q-16 car smacked hard in to the wall.....

do what you feel is right...talk to some other racers..don't rely just on my opinion....i doubt you'll hear any better thoughts from fast cars.

ps...We went there with the ideas of trying to go a low teen....LMAO what was I smokin?

·
Registered
180 Posts

There's a quick8/16 at NYIRP on Sat. Much better track.

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you can believe it, that track makes ESTA look like Route 66. Save the paint and go to NYIRP.;) Like NOSPROMOD said, if you can avoid crashing yourself, or your competitor coming across the lane into you, then you actually have to find a way to stop the car on the shortest shut down I've ever seen. I still remember seeing Chuck Etchells mowing down trees years ago in his Funny Car when he was dumb enough to actually try to go the full eighth under power. That was probably fifteen years ago and the track hasn't improved one bit since then.:confused:

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
27,554 Posts
If you can believe it, that track makes ESTA look like Route 66.

Well hell....that is saying a lot. I spent last weekend slip, slidding and peddling my way to high 4.40's and mid 4.50's at ESTA.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well hell....that is saying a lot. I spent last weekend slip, slidding and peddling my way to high 4.40's and mid 4.50's at ESTA.
Yeah, I came out Sunday to watch the sleds. I was pretty impressed you ran as well as you did with all the spin. Car sounds like it has been eating its Wheaties.:cool: I would think you would have a definate shot at a 4.2x at NYIRP if you decide to go there instead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts