Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a lot of factors involved , but would it be cheaper, maybe easier to do a backhalf and front half on a chevy beretta, or do a new chassis? This will be on a high 9 to low 10 second bracket and index car.

·
Registered
324 Posts
At those times a back half isnt needed. Just good suspension setup. If your plans are to go faster than a chassis could be the better option.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
To build a 10 second bracket car it doesn't make sense to do a rwd conversion,you are going to end up with a shitload of money in it. Purchase a decent safe roller or complete car for alot less than the time and money to do the Beretta....just my $.02

·
Registered
16,259 Posts
You're trying to be different, and different is cool. But different is also very expensive.

·
T/S 368E
28,312 Posts

There are still a lot of W bodies out there, I have one.
Before you go through all that, look around RJ, national dragster & searching the internet.
Not sure if there are many basic steel bracket cars, but they made a bunch of moly P/S's & P/M's that would be a safe bracket car.

If you absolutely have to use your body for whatever reason, just do the chassis & drop it on.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry I misread in beginning backhalf and fromt half. Leaves you a couple feet of original frame that's going to need braces anyways. Chassis

·
T/S 368E
28,312 Posts

Is this some special body that you want to use for personal reasons??

As many here will tell you, BUY A CAR, it is a pain in the balls to build a car, and much more expensive!!!
Trust me I have been storing a full chassis project for 20 years I got screwed over on when the chassis shop went bankrupt, and I get stuck with a POS pile of scrap for all the money I lost!!!

When I had my accident, and decided enough is enough, time to get a real car, instead of my death trap,
with full safety equipment, it was much less money, stress & drama to just buy one!!

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
And don't forget all the track time you will miss while waiting on a car to be put together. Maybe even never finish it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Strange things happen...I finally made it to the front of the line at the chassis shop. The owner of the building drops in and tells the tenant “sorry boys, somebody offered me stupid money for the building, you got 5 weeks to move out”.
Not here to argue the merits of the owner / tenant relationship, just pointing out shit happens beyond your control.
My chassis guy found a place 2-3 weeks later. Ever move your home? Try moving out and setting up a new shop in a desperate move! He finally has everything worked out and next week I’m promised he will start on my project. We are about 5 months behind schedule.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was going to build it myself. I already have a dragster and 2 street strip cars so I would still be racing while I build. I foumd one already built for sale for prob the same cost to build for sale.

·
T/S 368E
28,312 Posts

What is it, a kit car, ex Pro car, RWD conversion???
Make damn sure it has a current sticker!!!!

Reactions: chief many horses
1 - 15 of 15 Posts