Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Lunati hydraulic roller going in my 572 pump gas motor and originally when I bought it I asked the tech guy if I needed a special distributor gear to work with the cam and he said that the regular gear that comes on a aftermarket distributor is fine. I had to call in for a different question the other day but I decided to ask the same question just to make sure and that guy say you need a bronze gear or the one the GM sells and absolutly to not use the gear that comes on an aftermarket distributor. I picked up a bronze gear from a local speed shop and was going to install it today and on my way home I decided to call again since on 2 calls I got 2 different answers just to see what they would say. The guy I talked to today said that no special gear is required and the regular gear is fine!:rolleyes: So is the stock gear fine or do I need the bronze gear? Should I run the bronze gear just to be on the safe side? This motor will see a lot of street miles prolly in the range of 3-4k per year. Thanks

·
Registered
70,118 Posts
Mellonized dist gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts