Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think alot of you turbo guys run dual rear calipers on the back so you can hold it while you spool it.....I have 88 fox body mustang anyone got any pictures of this set up or a part number to a good place to oder this????

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
brakes

Call me on Monday I can get you a set of aerospace.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
we have dual rear aerospace on our car...i am a dealer for them and can tell you from experience what you have to do to make sure your car dont budge

chad
813-784-8248

·
Super Moderator
9,263 Posts
what kind of price on the duel wilwoods???
I'm not sure. I had singles and then I upgraded to duals a few years later. I can hold the car with the foot brake making 13lb of boost at 4,600 rpm. I hear the Strange brakes work better and you might get away with a single caliper. I had Wilwoods already so I just bought a bracket and a second caliper.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Dual aerospace in the rear, doesn't budge up to 5k on the foot brake.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
we have dual rear aerospace on our car...i am a dealer for them and can tell you from experience what you have to do to make sure your car dont budge

chad
813-784-8248
Any advice? Mine moves just a little bit on the footbrake.

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
how much for rear end and all??
$2000 for the whole setup. The the Aerospace rotors are used, but all 4 calipers, all pads and mounts are new. The 35 spline axles and spool are brand new also. The axle tubes are braced from the front side. It has a 3.55 gear, but I can put whatever you want in it. Mark Williams yoke for a 3150 U joint and a T/A cover included also.

·
1,344 Posts
I run Aerospace. I've a complete 35 spline 8.8 for sale with a brand new dual Aerospace set up on it. The set up in the picture is on the 9inch in my 93LX.

sorry for the slight hack on the thread, but you might wanna put a big friggin' washer or something on the upper control arm heim joint on your rear if you're putting any amount of power to it.

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Good eye for detail

sorry for the slight hack on the thread, but you might wanna put a big friggin' washer or something on the upper control arm heim joint on your rear if you're putting any amount of power to it.
You have a good eye for detail. As I'm sure also noticed, there are no coilovers brackets welded yet either. That was all in the mock up phase. I actually put 2 thick washers on the outside of each heim joint to "capture" it in the event of failure. Also, I didn't use those heim joints. I upgraded them to QA1 moly heims. However, I appreciate you looking out for the safety of a fellow racer. ;) You'll never hear me complain about that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts