Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This radiator will fit perfect on each side of my F3, can anyone shed some light on their success and what size their radiator is? i plan to run a Meziere remote pump with it.

I used the search function but didnt see many dual radiators that were up and running yet.

Radiator StyleSciroccoOverall Width (in)18.500 in.Overall Height (in)17.000 in.Overall Thickness (in)3.000 in.Row QuantityDual-row

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRI-2-25135-XCE/

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Hi Glen. I did a little research into this subject. I found most of the OEMs that use dual radiators rum them in parallel. That's not to say it won't work in series if you have large enough rads.

Domestic cooling

Lambo cooling......

I tried to get the Sirocco radiators in my ride without success but if you can get a pair of those upfront with frontal air flow I'm sure you'll be surprised at the ability to cool.

I used a pair cheap Froozen boost 12x12 A/W heat exchanger cores which only just kept my 406 SBC under 200 degs. The frontal air available to me was limited due to the width of the twin gear drive. It looks like your reverse set up will allow more of the radiator to be in front of your grill.

I had to add an additional 26 x 7 x 3.5 radiator above the blowers and now I see 160 degs. (Cooler than a massive Becool with a Procharger A/A infront of it). For your big block I think you'll be OK with those (Sirocco) depending on where in the US you are, your timing and compression ratio.

Search on Google for Eric with a 69 Camaro F1R gear drive and twin radiators, also Mafia Pumpkin a 64 Chevlle BBC F2 gear drive twin radiators, Tim on this site BBC F1R and now F3 twin radiators and lastly Vinny/Frank PSI 69 Camaro F3 twin radiator although his are slightly larger I think.

It seems that two smaller radiators radiate more heat than one equivalent larger radiator. I think its down to the increased surface area and extra time spent in the pipes/hoses. (It also helps when the trans cooler is separate and an oil cooler is added). Good luck.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks i found this radiator which will be a better setup, its is available with shroud and fan like the above. its the same dimensions 18x17.5 but its available in two different configurations. both are double pass.

this setup has both outlets on the right, the next part number puts both outlets on the left. When mounted in the car all four outlets will be right next to each other. Should look pretty good and that is 36" X 36" of radiator, not many cars have that much cooling.

part numbers are 58135-x and 59135-x

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, i did make them in styrofoam.....Home depot sells it in big sheets, glue them together for thickness and cut with the bandsaw.

I have a lot of room:

I will raise them up enough so the bumper hides them.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Very nice. Unless you are going to street drive the car, then you may be able to get away with only one radiator. Like U said, there is a lot of room up there. Gettin ready to turn mine into more of just a race car & was toying with the idea of moving the Fuel Cell up front, mimicking the same basic dimensions of a radiator but it will be a fuel cell on one side & Rad on the other. Just an idea... Again, that's very nice.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
glen i like the insulation properties of the styrofoam... but i don't think they will hold water. just sayin.... bad ass ride right there.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glen, I know this is off topic, but what are you using to support the front of the fenders?

Jared
since that picture was taken I have made a support that comes off the strut bar and holds the fenders, in the picture above there is a piece of scrap tacked to the frame rails, if you look close you can see the square tubing sitting under the grill and the bungee cord holding it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up with a pair of Ron Davis radiators, he makes a drag race radiator that is 18x21 with NPT fittings, double pass, fans and shrouds included. Quality is great, i didnt want the stamped tanks of the griffin radiator.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes very nice.. is this going on the street much?
No...some cruise nights and maybe some runs around the block, but Im not doing that crazy drag week like you did :rolleyes: it has no mufflers. I have made a way to put a piece of lexan in front of the PC though just in case.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts