Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just ordered my procharger d1sc and I've been reading a lot on the dual key vs single key. I am looking for experienced answers this is on a street driven car and will see maybe 700hp to the rear(hoping anyway). Any input on just leaving the single? I have a dual key crank and had a similar setup on my 6-71 but sold the complete setup. I'm wondering since I just bought a single key balancer if I should upgrade or will the single handle it or shear. I've read that a single can handle up to 1000 not sure if its true or if I should just order a dual key one?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Dual, I had a 500hp 6/71 blower on a small block & the crank was toast 10 minutes after fire up and a few hard rev's. It destroyed a balancer & the crank snout. If the crank is out I'd call it a no brainer to have both keyways in there. As has been said the desire to step up power then hope the single key will suffice is too much to ask from it.

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
And make sure whomever is doing it knows what they are doing since the location has to be dead on for the two keyways to work together as a team.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought so... going to have it machined a lot cheaper than buying a new ati balancer thanks for the input everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts