Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering If anyone has had any of problems with there motors and if they did how did they stand behind it?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are you talking about the DSS in IL? They build good engines and stand behind their work. I worked there for about a year, left to move back to Michigan, yes I know not the best move. Only seen 2 or 3 engines come back because of issues, which were tuning related/installer related and not because of how they were built.

What is the trouble that you have heard?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Let's face it, there are people out there that can break an anvil with a rubber mallet:cool:.

We've been using DSS for a number of years. We have had zero problems with their short-blocks and long-blocks. This is extremely important to us as our name is attached to their product when it rolls out of here.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just ordered and recieved my forged h-beam rods, and forged aluminum extreme x pistons for my turbo setup. I have nothing but good things to say about DSS. When I called I was not rushed, I was very happy with the customer service as far as them putting a combonation together for me and I recieved a better product at a better all around service, price, and product then there competition probe industries.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I called Probe a few times willing to do buisness but the price wasn't right, you didn't have the product that I needed you were going to have to take a stock item and cut it, and I felt a little rushed on the phone kind of like I was sitting in a mexican restaurant trying to eat.

·
Idiot Savant
164,397 Posts
I'm quite happy that you got what you wanted at a price that you wanted to pay.

I still find it immensely humorous that, instead of simply complimenting DSS, you took the time to take a jab at another company.

Men are judged by their actions.......:smt023

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Here this must be one of those two engines you speak of that came apart, after reading this thread if you think that DSS has a better product than Probe you need your head examined. If you want to see the pics I guess you have to be a member. Ill post them here to make it easier.
http://www.lethal1320.com/forums/index.php?topic=4238.0#top

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I find it funny too that your main basis for a purchase is cost. Obviously you have never heard the term " You get what you pay for." DSS parts look great in your picture. I challenge you to measure those pistons and A. find at least 3 that measure the SAME size and B. are within 5 grams of one another C. I will say the big end of that rod is undersized AND out of round by .0015".

Probe was probably your best VALUE here. I will say from Personal experience that their customer service is industry leading. There are a few should take lessons from Mr.O'neal and his staff.

Carry on though, some of the best lessons learned come from bustin out your wallet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I find it funny too that your main basis for a purchase is cost. Obviously you have never heard the term " You get what you pay for." DSS parts look great in your picture. I challenge you to measure those pistons and A. find at least 3 that measure the SAME size and B. are within 5 grams of one another C. I will say the big end of that rod is undersized AND out of round by .0015".

Probe was probably your best VALUE here. I will say from Personal experience that their customer service is industry leading. There are a few should take lessons from Mr.O'neal and his staff.

Carry on though, some of the best lessons learned come from bustin out your wallet.
As far as main basis being cost the price difference was not that much within $100.00 or so, as far as the machine work on the parts being out of round or not close to the same weight that is why the whole block, rotating assembley, balancer, flywheel, and clutch assembley is going to the machine shop together to be balanced and blueprinted because I don't trust anyone enough to just buy a set of rods and pistons and throw them in a motor ( If you do your a dumb ass and deserve what you get, as far as probe having a good product I never said their parts where bad they just didn't have the right pistons for my setup wich would be twisted wedge heads on a 357w and wanting between 9 to1 and 9.5 to 1 compression. Pobe would have to take a piston they had in stock and cut the valve relief's. Probe industries bottom end girdle is what will be holding the rotating assembley together.
As far as the customer service Eric was having a bad day or was just buisy dealing with something else. As far as this thread I was just talking about my dealing with dss when ordering my parts and Im tired of :smt014. I guess you have never heard the saying opinions are like assholes everybody's got one, If you don't like mine you can kiss my :butthead:. If you love probe industries so much go to the posotive buyer/seller feedback and start your own fucking thread:finga:!

·
Registered
462 Posts
My first engine short block 306 low compression with 200hp shot
and only problem it ever had was the hole I burned in it :) but I ordered a new piston put it back together and sold it to a friend that is still running it 10 years later. car went 11.50 all day

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
too many have been guilty of over powering a allready weak stock roller block and then using a cast crank.
it all sounds good to the customer according to price.
...untll it blows up.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts