Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Peterson is a good company from what I hear, nothing better then Weaver, or Moroso. The top two seem to be Aviad, and Weiss, that I have. But they will be quite a bit more then $1,200.00. My 6 stage Weiss is on the other side of $3,000.00

·
T/S 368E
29,894 Posts

I also have a Weaver, and it's a nice piece.
My spare is an Aviaid, and their service was excellent.

Why would you use a 3 stage, think about a 5 stage and dump the vac pump.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the information everyone. 3 Stage Is what I want due to space constraints. I need to drain from the head (1) and from the oil pan (2) plus the pressure. Anyway, If they are all the same price, Ill stick with a peterson. The local shops say its the way to go.
:)

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Got news for ya....
1- from the head.
2- from the pan.
1- Feedin the motor.

It is called a 4 stage pump.

Dont forget about SCP or Weaver, unless you are looking for the Gucci stuff.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I run a Peterson wet-vac on my car and its perfect. Audo Verdi is also top notch dry sump stuff.

·
T/S 368E
29,894 Posts

I don't really like using only 1 stage from the pan.
Kind of defeats the purpose. Plus, what is in the way, you would only need a few more inches??
It's not like it takes 6" per stage??

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Im not a dry sump guy but I work close to Peterson Fluids and have built 3 race cars with their products. Kevin and Wade are top notch.

·
Registered
249 Posts
We talked to Weaver, Barnes, Peterson, AutoVerdi and Stock Car Products and researched a few other manufacturers regarding our dry sump needs. Barnes and AutoVerdi made the short list and we ordered a 6 stage pump from Barnes based on their technical assistance, their assurance that their pump would make 23" of vacuum (without a separate vacuum pump) and their willingness to work with us after the fact to tweak the pump to meet our pressure and vacuum needs. BTW, AutoVerdi and Barnes seem to be the top choices of the Nascar teams.

FWIW, we bought all of the accessories (mandrel, pulleys, belt, tank, heater, etc.) from Peterson.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts