Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to make some pretty sharp bends on the scavenge lines and I don't like the lightweight aeroquip hose I have. Will XRP braided steel be fine, or will it collapse internally? What brands should I look at? Thanks

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Do not use the light weight hose on any scavenge lines without the spiral insert. The hose will collapse and the pump will not scavenge the oil back to the tank. I found out the hard and expensive way.

5-6" radius is about all you can get from the steel braided stuff, I use aeroquip. You can get a #12 full flow 90 degree female hose ends on both sides if you need to do a sharp corner, But I would not use it on a pressure application.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was asking because I've heard of some line that, even when folded completely in half, wouldn't smash the inner tubing. I don't necessarily need that, though. When I worked at a Pro Stock shop, we used XRP with non-swivel ends with no problems. I never thought about it at the time, but there wasn't one non-swivel fitting on any engine. Was probably for ease of putting on and taking off quickly, but also for the galling issue. Every Aeroquip hose end I can remember using, galled (they were all swivel, so that's why I'm leaning towards non-swivel).

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
About the ONLY light weight hose I would use is Brown&Miller. We use it at up to 300*+ oil temp, with well over 20in depression and it doesn't suck shut.
Any other brand of hose on the suction side, I would use the spiral inner support mentioned earlier.
No hose, regardless of manufacture, really likes to be bent in a smaller radius than the manufacture suggest, especially at elevated temps or depression levels.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
You certainly can use Brown and Miller, we have had great success with it, but on the scavenge side stick to the stainless cover version. Standard braided with hold up without severe bends in it. If you are looking at the lightweight series of hose, the Goodridge 910 series or the XRP HS79 are top of the line. You're gonna pay $$$$$ for it though. If you use pushlock or the black braid hose, you MUST use internal support coil. I carry the Brown and Miller, standard braided, pushlock and the black braided if you need any help.

Joel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts