Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question that im hoping Some of you guys that have cars like im building can give me the right direction to go Im building a 427w turbo motor with 1.06mm Do i need to go to the exspense of the dry sump oil system or can i just use a good 7qt pan and good interal pump car is a blow thru carb set up and is on a 28x10.5w tire my motor builder says motor will last longer but i noticed when I was at the 1320x race at mir that alot of those turbo cars dont use a dry sump set up ? If i dont use it will i need to use a Vac pump Any Help will be Great Thanks Guys and Hope to be out there maybe next year .Thanks Hank

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
;) titan iternal pump, vac pump is up to you... saves on oil leaks, dont bother with the cheapie pumps....

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
jeff johnson, with billet fabrication.. can sell you a pan and pump combo that will work killer for your application www.billetfab.com;)

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,777 Posts
A dry sump is not neccessary unless there is something in the chassis constraining you from using the proper oil pan. Don't get me wrong, I do prefer a dry sump if the room and money allows it.

The wet sump will be reliable as long as the system is designed correctly. An external pump is a bonus, and in my opinion preferred if the room allows it... a Titan internal is almost as much money.... seems a little silly to me. But if you are constrained by room, that is a good route to go.

As for the vacuum pump, I wouldn't race without one with a wet sump, especially in a boosted application.

A good dry sump will provide vacuum with boost, so no need for the separate pump.

·
Super Moderator
34,777 Posts
If you want vaccum with boost you will need a good pump, like a Dailey, or a 'good' Barnes like the 5 stage Pro Stock pump.... can't recall the number but it is something like 9025-5R or... just call them.

Both are around 2k for the pump.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Those Titans are a spendy piece for a wet. they look nice,,but DAMN!!

bling bling, cha-ching!!

·
Super Moderator
34,777 Posts
Yeah. Nice pumps, I've used a couple, have one going on an engine right now but I really prefer a separate vacuum pump.

When it's left up to me on a wet sump deal, all my engines get a Peterson single stage external oil pump, and a Star Machine vacuum pump. Ultimate in reliability for a wet sump IMHO.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah talked to peterson they said 1,300 for the 5 stage then 400 for tank and then i will still need the mandrel ,lines,and hope i woul have enough room to mount it all how much are the titan internal pumps ? This must be why most of the cars ive seen run a interal pump I guess because with all the turbo stuff theres not alot of room for the tank up front plus its alot cheaper

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
chris what kind of money am i looking at for the wet external pump ? and how about the price on vacum pumpIm tying to see what is going to be the best for me and my wallet on a wet set up with external pump do they block the passages on the block where your oil pump would go like they do for the dry sump set up

1 - 20 of 28 Posts