Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Y'ing my oil return line with a line to my oil pan for scavenging work for oil drain back on my turbo its now mounted level with the oil pan?

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
How many stages of scavenging?? We have run a dedicated stage to turbos before but have never tried to share one. I only have 2 stages of scavenge on my current engine and I run both turbos to the front of the pan above the oil level and let the pump only pull on the pan. I also run a vacuum pump which I hope will help with oil return from the turbos as I do not have a lot of vertical drain back to the pan. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
It would probably be ok run with one of the stages at the front of the pan especially since it is a BB turbo and chances of over scavenging is not really a issue. I would just check it frequently to make sure it is not forcing oil past the turbo seals to be sure it is draining properly.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
The thing that has worked best for me is building a upside down "T" at the bottom of the turbo. I put -12 male fittings on the end of the T and the base of the T is the turbo flange. Hook one side of the T to your oil pan scavenge port, the other side to the dry sump. This creates a drop zone under the turbo that has constant flow.

Kurt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts