Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Plumbed most of my dry sump up on my turbo car. I have filtered fittings on all the suction sides. My drysump tank has 16an fitting and the R4 pump also to pull from the tank to the pump. Do yall use a filtered fitting between the tank and inlet to the pump? Can this go in the outlet on the tank? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Screens on the pan scavenge inlets only. Screen optional on the return line to the tank, but not on the line between the tank and pump pressure inlet.

·
T/S 368E
34,426 Posts

Screen fittings in the pan for the bigger particles, and a special nascar Wix filter on the pump output into the block.
I had a system one for many years with zero issues, but when the POS engine builder stole it,
I went with the nascar set up I got in a package deal.
Again, zero issues with that also.

Nothing between tank & pump, but I do have a big ass magnet in the tank.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Plumbed most of my dry sump up on my turbo car. I have filtered fittings on all the suction sides. My drysump tank has 16an fitting and the R4 pump also to pull from the tank to the pump. Do yall use a filtered fitting between the tank and inlet to the pump? Can this go in the outlet on the tank? Thanks for any info. View attachment 276040
We had ours between tank and pump. We wanted to catch anything before it went into the block. Ask 10 people you will get 20 answers. Not sure there is a right or wrong way.

·
T/S 368E
34,426 Posts

It would be nice to have a fine filter between the pan & pump, saving any little damage that adds up over time.
I was worried about it being 100% efficient, so I use the bigger screens in the pan and hope for the best.
I know it will pump through the filter perfect, and so far I've never lost a pump even when I split a block & crank.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Not sure what you will be using for fittings, but don't use Wiggins clamps. Our bearings and pistons looked better after going from Wiggins to flare. We lapped the flared fittings together with valve lapping compound and our oil psi was far more stable. Even tho those Wiggins clamps have orings, we believe they weren't good for the suction side. We still used them on the pressure side with no affect, just seen better results with flare over Wiggins on suction side.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Plumbed most of my dry sump up on my turbo car. I have filtered fittings on all the suction sides. My drysump tank has 16an fitting and the R4 pump also to pull from the tank to the pump. Do yall use a filtered fitting between the tank and inlet to the pump? Can this go in the outlet on the tank? Thanks for any info. View attachment 276040
Thanks, never thought about a magnet in the tank.
Run an oberg between the scavenge return and the tank.

·
T/S 368E
34,426 Posts

I've never heard of a filter on the vac line.
I have baffles on all of my cars, but none of them have filters.

Are you worried metal is floating in the windage??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts