Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here used the Jancy dry cut saw and if so what are your opinions of them ? My space is limited so I feel this could be the best solution until I have room for a bandsaw later. Materials to be cut are steel, moly, stainless and aluminum, I understand there are blades for different materials and I’m not worried about that.

I did find an old (pre jet) Wilton 5x8 bandsaw that might even be a USA made model, however I am running out of room quick in my Garage with all the new equipment I have been purchasing. Waiting to hear back from the seller for more details on that.

Benders : I am looking at the pro tools and JD2 units. Which would be preferred for power assist, hydraulic or air ?

I am gearing up to take on my own project which consists of the turbo set up and more than likely a 25.3 cage. My intentions are to obtain the tooling needed for now and possible side work in the future.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Dry cut is a bit advanced for what you need where a regular portaband and tube notcher would work well. I have ironton dry cut and a harbor freight esq bandsaw that I use much more than the ironton, but its 1400rpm blade not true cold saw so metal flies everywhere. Chips. Pieces cut off end etc.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I have the model 32 jd squared bender with a air over hydro set up I have a few friends with the same bender also so we borrow dies if need to. I have a porta band with a swag table a bench top belt sander I build a few cars a yr and have no issues I use my chop saw and I also own a band saw but use the chop saw more

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the rogue fab notcher and it is solid. I have absolutely zero complaints notching 4130 chromoly with it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a Makita cold saw with a carbide 12” blade. Works great but you have to clamp the tubing in tight or you knock the tips off the 150$ blade. I use a chop saw for the stainless header tubing. Pro tools bender with hydraulic ram. I’ve had it for 20 years and it still works like new.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Also pro tools ultimate notcher that notches whatever you put in it including titanium

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
get the best tube notcher you can afford or at least one with a large main shaft its helps with deflection
I bought a TN-250 recently. I also have the Milwaukee portaband and swag table. It’s fine for a few cuts here and there but I wouldn’t expect to complete an entire project with it. After many years of using chop saws with abrasive blades I can’t stand the smell and dust anymore.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Makita cold saw with a carbide 12” blade. Works great but you have to clamp the tubing in tight or you knock the tips off the 150$ blade. I use a chop saw for the stainless header tubing. Pro tools bender with hydraulic ram. I’ve had it for 20 years and it still works like new.
Air or electric over hydraulic ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts