Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Condensed version: In a nutshell...I feel they are not the best thing for the autobody industry. Some agreements are VERY bad! Feel free to PM me if you have any specific question/opinions, ect. Lorne

·
Registered
7 Posts
They can be good in the aspect of sending you work you may not be getting otherwise. But they also may put some conditions on you that you may not be too thrilled about as far as agreed rates, materials thresholds and Sublet markup. But that is a business decision that you may be willing to make if you need more work.

·
Registered
756 Posts
yeah it's another area in this state where people have their hands in someone elses pockets and those shops are sick busy while others are struggling.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Depends on where you live, we live in a small town and drp's are great. they don't mess with us, they try to be fair, but we do too. Only real concessions we give are no storage on totals. they send us referrals, we sell the job, we fix the car, customer picks up car with smiles, they send us a check. We play middle of the road though, insurance company can't run over customer, but we won't advocate for customer getting more than they deserve either. You get respect from everyone that way.

I know in larger areas shops will try and cut their competitions throuts, which causes everyone to lose. If a couple of shops agree to anything, an insurer thinks its the norm and everyone ends up suffering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts