Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty nice riding truck. The new truck is available with a 3.7liter v6 with twin turbos and direct injection. Truck has a ton of torque down low and great gas mileage to back it up. The ford guys said it could tow up to 11k. I drive it normally in town with stop and go traffic and averaged 19.3mpg.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. Hope it doesnt have the sometimes clunky and awkward transmission that my '10 has. :(
It definitely has different shift points than a 2010. It shifts quick and keeps the RPMs low. It makes a shit ton of torque at 2000rpm.

·
On the roller...
15,881 Posts
Sweet. Hope it doesnt have the sometimes clunky and awkward transmission that my '10 has. :(
What model truck/trans do you have? Which engine and so forth?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
How much extra option is the Ecoboost TTv6 motor. I was looking into them and didn't see any price listed for that one yet.

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
I would've bought that if it had been available at the time. :( Matt is a Platinum F150. Dunno anything else. I average 17.2 - 17.5 mpg with a lead foot.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
we have that with all the 6 speeds, not just the F150.
It has been a concern with every automaker I have worked for that runs an adaptive transmission controller, starting with VW in the late 90's. Chrysler is the worst I've seen by far

I havent driven an ECO-boost F150 yet, but I really look forward to getting into a 6.2L, all we are getting right now are 5.0Ls's

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
we had to take a class on this and it is badass for sure. i would love to get one. i thought the price tag was 40k depending on options. it was a ford teacher doing the class. makes around 40lbs of boost. they also said there is a shit load more power it makes but they have to keep it turned down.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we had to take a class on this and it is badass for sure. i would love to get one. i thought the price tag was 40k depending on options. it was a ford teacher doing the class. makes around 40lbs of boost. they also said there is a shit load more power it makes but they have to keep it turned down.
Assuming you took a class, you work for ford, there is about 5500 from MSRP to D-plan and 4500 in rebates, so you can get a FX4 fully loaded for about 31k if you work for ford. :smt071

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
Good.... Now we can get rid of this POS 09 GMC

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Assuming you took a class, you work for ford, there is about 5500 from MSRP to D-plan and 4500 in rebates, so you can get a FX4 fully loaded for about 31k if you work for ford. :smt071
Got my Raptor for 35k with d-plan and dealership employee discount and end of year clearence plus it sat on the showroom for 6mths.
IT'S A BAD ASS BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.2 liter

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
The new truck is available with a 3.7liter v6 with twin turbos and direct injection. Truck has a ton of torque down low and great gas mileage to back it up.
That's funny you should say that..

I was all ready to sign the bottom line on a new Taurus SHO with the same twin turbo motor.. But when I test drove one, it had NO BALLS down low.. Even though they rate it at 350 ft lbs at only 1500 rpms.. Off idle torque was gutless.. I was very disappointed..

I don't know if the truck is geared very different.. Or the engine management is programed different.. But unless they pep up that SHO, I can't convence myself to buy one.. Who wants a car you have to floor to feel the power.. The wifes GTP Grand Prix will stomp the crap out of an SHO, corner to corner.. That's if I can keep from lighting up the front tires..

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Take it back to the dealership. Then take the service mananger out for a quick test ride in "your other car" so he understands how it should shift. :p

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have an 07 with the 5.4 and I'm looking to upgrade soon-wasn't sure if I should go for the TT or wait for the 6.2. It will be my DD and my tow vehicle which is a 24ft trailer-max off 8k loaded.

One thing that want's me to go with the TT is the ability to just "chip it" and unleash some extra ponies.

Any thoughts?

·
6,384 Posts
I have the EXACT truck as you guys do, (assuming it was the one parked by lenco jim's tent)...and agreed love the truck but at low speeds and cold temps it feels very awkward at times. A Diablo sport programmer cured the problem on a buddys truck.

It's a 24v 5.4 with the 6 speed auto with the PITA retractable running boards.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts