Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Drought stricken farmers ask that NHRA IHRA, PDRA and NADM schedule races in their area. It has become apparent that the only way to make it rain is to have a racing event.

all fun aside , how many events this year have been either rained out of hampered by the weather .

please add to the list

NHRA div 4 Houston event
PDRA Dallas Event
NADM Muncie event

Bonneville speed week

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
LOL maybe they should have the rest of the season in Cali. those poor bastards

atleast 3 PDRA events were rushed

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was rained out of 2 PDRA events and 1 NADM events then we lost a motor in testing , so it's been a bummer of a season.

When I was running competition Eliminator I was heading to Topeka NHRA national event . I stopped at a little track just north of Wichita falls Texas to test , It was in 2000 and a bad drought was ongoing in southern Oklahoma, and northern Texas. They had paid to seed clouds and all. I towed to the line in my D/ED V6 dragster and did a burnout and as soon as I turned a bulb on , its started raining . I towed back to the trailer and it quite . So after a little track drying , we towed back up to makes a pass , same results just as I staged it started raining again. We finally got a pass . I was loading up and a farmer showed up as my trailer and ask what would I charged to do a burn out in his wheat field

·
Registered
758 Posts
Haven't had any real rain all summer out here but lots of racing

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
I was rained out of 2 PDRA events and 1 NADM events then we lost a motor in testing , so it's been a bummer of a season.

When I was running competition Eliminator I was heading to Topeka NHRA national event . I stopped at a little track just north of Wichita falls Texas to test , It was in 2000 and a bad drought was ongoing in southern Oklahoma, and northern Texas. They had paid to seed clouds and all. I towed to the line in my D/ED V6 dragster and did a burnout and as soon as I turned a bulb on , its started raining . I towed back to the trailer and it quite . So after a little track drying , we towed back up to makes a pass , same results just as I staged it started raining again. We finally got a pass . I was loading up and a farmer showed up as my trailer and ask what would I charged to do a burn out in his wheat field
DOOH

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
talking about more chances of scattered showers today and its 98 degrees at Indy . it was 3900 feet DA yesterday .

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think NHRA needs to abandon the Houston National event early in the year . or the guys that own that track need to upgrade . its been that way for 15+ years

1 - 10 of 10 Posts