Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe climate change is real, after all. Just north of Dallas off I-35, some areas got 18 INCHES of rain overnight, and just about everybody got 8 to 10. I-35, one of the busiest interstates in the country, was shut down near the TX-OK border and my understanding is parts of it still are. We got 2-3" here, not nearly enough but this time of the year, we'll take it. Now we're only about 45 inches short over the last 3 years.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...flooding-rains-in-cooke-denton-counties.html/

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
It's gonna take a lot more rain than 11" to fill our North Texas Lakes back up... PK down 15' alone would
take a biblical flood to bring it back... and it's just one of many in the chain of Texas Lakes waiting for water.

Raining out here in Canton, TX right now (11:44AM 07-17-2014) and it is really a welcome sight.

mardyn

·
FORD
3,662 Posts
Texoma is in bad shape because Texas has been taking water out it, regardless of the drought. I had the boat out at Ray Roberts on Monday, and it's 8' low.

·
A bad example for others
35,766 Posts
In Kansas we were 10" below average in May. Now we are a little above here in Wichita since we've had so much in June and July. Very cool here as well!

Our lakes and resevoirs were really hurting and most are full now.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Texoma is in bad shape because Texas has been taking water out it, regardless of the drought. I had the boat out at Ray Roberts on Monday, and it's 8' low.
Wish we could say our lake is only 8' low. Pic of Lake Kemp, one of 3 we draw from. The other two are just as bad off.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
I almost took the boat to texoma when my wife,kids and the inlaws were camping a couple weeks ago but didn't want to hit a stump or rock since the lake is so low.the wife,kids and inlaws are camping at Murray this weekend but the boat won't be there since I have to go to Tulsa for the race.

·
FORD
3,662 Posts
Wish we could say our lake is only 8' low. Pic of Lake Kemp, one of 3 we draw from. The other two are just as bad off.

Yeah that's pretty bad. I haven't looked to see how low Texoma is lately, but that lake is so big that 10' low is a whooooooole lot of water.
I almost took the boat to texoma when my wife,kids and the inlaws were camping a couple weeks ago but didn't want to hit a stump or rock since the lake is so low.the wife,kids and inlaws are camping at Murray this weekend but the boat won't be there since I have to go to Tulsa for the race.
I like Murray, and I'm only 30 minutes from Texoma, but we've been hitting Ray Roberts since Texoma is so low. I fly over Texoma several times a week, and the west islands were touching the main land before this rain. It's no bueno.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I grew up near the border...my little Waurika lake (Oklahoma) looks like Kemp there. So sad, hope some of this is draining it's direction.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I live right off lake Ray Roberts and there was some pretty good flooding up here. I have never seen the creek so high it forced water over I-35. The water level at Ray Roberts has already came up a foot or so and we are getting hit again tonight. Hopefully we can get a few more feet in the lake over the next few days of drainage.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I grew up near the border...my little Waurika lake (Oklahoma) looks like Kemp there. So sad, hope some of this is draining it's direction.
So do I - I'd hate to see Waurika fold up and take Bill's Catfish Inn along with it. If you grew up there, you ate at Bill's, no? :)

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
This is all part of that Polar Vortex the media has been talking about for the last week or so. Cold Arctic air has descended all the way to Texas bringing cooler air, and lots of rain. I'm NE of Toronto, and we were in the low 40's last night .... more like an early fall evening than the middle of July.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I would gladly send yall some of what weve been getting in Ms. Too much more will put me into depression.

·
23,498 Posts
All lakes in North East Texas are full.
Plenty of rain and raining now.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Wife sat on a plane for close to 4 hours this morning waiting to fly into Dallas.
Had to fly somewhere else to get home.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts