Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's this bullshit drop fee certain manufacturers are charging?

I ordered a turbo exhaust housing through my dealer. My dealer didn't have it in stock so they had the manufacturer drop ship it to me. So I had to pay the $15 drop ship fee on top of the $23 shipping fee, WTF!!!!

I asked my dealer if the housing was sent to you, would there be a drop ship fee? She said "No but you will be charged twice for shipping, from the manufacturer to me then me to you" WTF !!!!!!

Why should there be an additional fee on where an item is shipped? Instead of entering the dealer's addy, the shipping department (isn't that their job) enters the custmer's addy instead.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
310 Posts
VSI just sent me a bill for $31.71 for drop shipping a superchip that was 175 miles away. Best part is the piece of shit does not even work I have updated three times and now the customer says thanks but no thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
dropship fee's are meant to deter dealers from not stocking a manufacturer's product and just pushing paper on orders

i think it is BS for a dealer that chooses not to stock a particular item to pass a dropship fee onto their retail customer, that is an expense that they should eat as a cost of doing business if they don't want to keep inventory

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
dropship fee's are meant to deter dealers from not stocking a manufacturer's product and just pushing paper on orders

i think it is BS for a dealer that chooses not to stock a particular item to pass a dropship fee onto their retail customer, that is an expense that they should eat as a cost of doing business if they don't want to keep inventory

x2!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Drop ship fees have been around for decades, nothing new.
As far as a retailer "eating" the fees, why should they? Do you guys really expect every retailer to stock every part a mfr has in thier cataolg? That would be damn near impossible and waaaaay to costly. Some of you guys should try opening your own retail store and see how much you can tie up in inventory. Good luck.

·
Registered
283 Posts
As far as a retailer "eating" the fees, why should they? Do you guys really expect every retailer to stock every part a mfr has in thier cataolg? That would be damn near impossible and waaaaay to costly. Some of you guys should try opening your own retail store and see how much you can tie up in inventory. Good luck.
Well then... the dealer can have the parts shipped to his shop for no fee other than regular shipping costs. If he (the dealer) doesnt want to get off his ass and deal with the product or the customer other than taking that customers money... he SHOULD eat the DSF.

~R

·
Registered
257 Posts
What's this bullshit drop fee certain manufacturers are charging?

I ordered a turbo exhaust housing through my dealer. My dealer didn't have it in stock so they had the manufacturer drop ship it to me. So I had to pay the $15 drop ship fee on top of the $23 shipping fee, WTF!!!!

I asked my dealer if the housing was sent to you, would there be a drop ship fee? She said "No but you will be charged twice for shipping, from the manufacturer to me then me to you" WTF !!!!!!

Why should there be an additional fee on where an item is shipped? Instead of entering the dealer's addy, the shipping department (isn't that their job) enters the custmer's addy instead.

Billy T.
[email protected]
you think that's bull shit Mahle charges a Envromental Reclamation Fee on all our invoices even if we pick the shit up

·
Registered
257 Posts
:Kneel
couldn't have said it better myself (100% true)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts