Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
I got a beginners level drone ....... pretty neat and makes good video . Gave out 4 of them for Christmas to family and they all love'em . I'm just learning to fly , I can take it up and bring it back that's about it . My 30 y.o. son is already looking to upgrade to race them ....... I've watched videos of the racing , it looks impossible (to me) but he's already got it down ...... unfuckingbelievable .

·
Registered
11,301 Posts
I friend of mine has a neighborhood adult punk (37 years old) who is harassing him with the drone he got for Christmas....... Too bad he lives in a congested area otherwise a shot gun blast would resolve the problem. The day after Christmas the drone was hovering over his house and driveway making the dogs bark and makes an "appearance" every day for a few minutes. He has not complained to the police yet but is seeking every idea on how to deal with this "passive aggressive POS computer geek" neighbor of his. I suggested a fishing line sling shot to jam up the rotor blades or a paint ball gun to shoot it down...... Any other "options" would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
I friend of mine has a neighborhood adult punk (37 years old) who is harassing him with the drone he got for Christmas....... Too bad he lives in a congested area otherwise a shot gun blast would resolve the problem. The day after Christmas the drone was hovering over his house and driveway making the dogs bark and makes an "appearance" every day for a few minutes. He has not complained to the police yet but is seeking every idea on how to deal with this "passive aggressive POS computer geek" neighbor of his. I suggested a fishing line sling shot to jam up the rotor blades or a paint ball gun to shoot it down...... Any other "options" would be appreciated.
Something like this maybe ........... :p

http://beforeitsnews.com/survival/2013/06/how-to-build-a-radiodrone-jammer-2477364.html

·
Banned
22,017 Posts
1. If he can speak to the drone. Let him know that it's trespassing and being a nuisance. The operator can see/ hear you and your speaking to the person.
2. Make the call . Get an officer over for a report. Some of the law enforcement agencies have electronic trackers now and can pin point the the operator. Video of the drone is best.
3. It's illegal to harass animals or live stock .

4. On your property or over it blast .
5. This was told to me by a local deputy sheriff but as usual laws may differ.

·
Premium Member
49,668 Posts
No

I got "man" toys for the shop.

·
Premium Member
49,668 Posts
I hope its not the big black one with the spinning head on it .......... :p
No, I didn't get a buffer.

I got a new battery charger, press, torque wrench and a few other things.

·
Premium Member
49,668 Posts

·
Age of Acquiescence
34,686 Posts
I picked up a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced.

Waiting on my brand new replacement since the one I received was defective and wouldn't fly.
Has to be returned within 15 days. I sent it back in 3 days.

It all started a few years back with a $169 one from Radio Shack ......... now it is outta control with ones in the five figure range ........
Wrong.

It all started decades ago with military UAV research and development by M.I.C. corporations.
Their technology trickled down to Law Enforcement & Search and Rescue operations, and then
over the years to the toy companies......which is where we are @ Today.

For someone who was a camera man for a small news company you shot that from the hip
pretty far off into foul ball territory. :smt082

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Friend just bought one from Target. I'm not into them but its friggin amazing what it does for $399/$499. Goes 500ft vertical, gps, auto land , hover, phone app, videos, pictures,lights, battery lasts 20 min or so. I didn't operate it but it looked fairly easy. Sounds like a big swarm of hornets.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Wrong.

It all started years ago with military research and development by much bigger corporations.
Their technology trickled down to the Search and Rescue operations,
and then over the years to the toy companies.

For someone who claims to have been a reporter, you sure don't seem like it.

I think he was referring to how he personally started with them.

·
Administrator
137,266 Posts
I picked up a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced.

Waiting on my brand new replacement since the one I received was defective and wouldn't fly.
Has to be returned within 15 days. I sent it back in 3 days.

Wrong.

It all started decades ago with military UAV research and development by M.I.C. corporations.
Their technology trickled down to Law Enforcement & Search and Rescue operations, and then
over the years to the toy companies......which is where we are @ Today.

For someone who was a camera man for a small news company you shot that from the hip
pretty far off into foul ball territory. :smt082
You should have bought the refurbished model.. those are 100℅ tested before leaving DJI.. :p

1 - 20 of 203 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.