Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Theo got my car running GREAT. I have been driving the crap out of it. Over 3000 Miles this summer. Just how much driving have some of you guy's done Blower and Prochager Guy's I would like to know.

·
Phuckstick
1,108 Posts
my dads 29 roadster has a 421 blown donovan (6-71 blower) and the car has been drivin everywhere, it has like 30,000 miles on it. doesnt get driven anymore since he passed away two years ago but i rode in it everywhere from 1980 (the yr i was born) until the mid 90s.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one around here will drive one. They just haul them to car shows. And most have stock engines in them with a blower. Me I want to here that baby hit and run like it looks.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
i could drive mine alot more if i would leave the Dam thing togeather!!! I love the sound and the looks you get from people..then they say you airplane gas in that thing..

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Why anyone would use aviation fuel is beyond me. There is no guaranteed octane rating. It differs from batch to batch, and is some of the worst shit you can buy.

AV gas does not need to be as stringent as gasoline since all aircraft have compensators for air density built into the carbs/fuel injection. On top of that, the mixture can be further adjusted by monitoring EGTs.

If you want to burn up a blower motor quick, go ahead, use AV gas.

·
Registered
322 Posts
they teach you in school that AV gas is like 104 octane....

but that is at somthing like 10'000 ft at ground level it is basically the same as a mid to premium fuel.Just goto Sunoco and buy their gold and save some money..LOL

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've been runing mine on the street and racing since 87.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Av gas burns differently to regular gas, slower I believe. It's designed for planes not cars. Use it if you want to burn your motor or use proper race fuel if not.

I'm building my '57 540 solid roller F2 to be a street car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Av gas burns differently to regular gas, slower I believe. It's designed for planes not cars. Use it if you want to burn your motor or use proper race fuel if not.

I'm building my '57 540 solid roller F2 to be a street car.

No problem making 1000hp reliably on a street tune with that combo, or turn it up to 1500-1600 on track day...

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
driving blower cars

I put about 4000 miles or more {no speedo} on my 540 hemi with a stage 3 bds 1071.With 4 lbs of boost it makes an easy 900 at the plywheel on pump gas.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts