Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
heading out today, plan to be back monday, here's the route
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&cl...a=X&ei=2RTbT57bEun86gHtyrWpCw&ved=0CBoQ-A8wAA
here's the car and trailer

trailer ended up weighing 1220lbs loaded.
here's my sore ass maker

car specs: 371 sbc, Naturally aspirated, 3400lbs, flat tappet cam, bowtie steel heads, 2.02 intake valve, 4.44 rear gear, 700r4, best e.t of 10.95 @124
there are some serious hills, should be fun!
don't have computer access at the track, will have pics and video when i can.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Goodluck!

Third gens were built for road trips! :) Overdrive is a new addition to mine, cant wait for more roadtrips!

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
GOOD LUCK!! AND HOLY FUCKIN SLEEPER BATMAN!!!!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
That's along trip IMO, and if he has passengers there isn't much room left in the car for much else. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

·
BRUINS FTW!!!
3,085 Posts
holy eff on that rear gear, goodluck and awesome you're driving it.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
impossible!! ford fags said there was NO G.M. car in the 80's capable of running 10's because of suspension!
Hope that was sarcasm! cause all my car needed for 1.49 60' footbrake was an aftermarket torque arm and slicks. Still using V6 springs with 27 yr old shocks and struts.

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Good luck with your trip.Cool that you are driving.One question, In the first pic why is the car in your garage in sideways?

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,176 Posts
Good luck with your trip.Cool that you are driving.One question, In the first pic why is the car in your garage in sideways?
His wifes car maybe?:smt102

Really though good luck on the trip!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
impossible!! ford fags said there was NO G.M. car in the 80's capable of running 10's because of suspension!
Who said that? My Camaro did 1.51 60ft's quite consistently with completely OEM suspension front and rear with nothing but 27x10.5 QTP's. It also didn't have any sort of chassis reinforcement like sub-frame connectors or a roll bar.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Two questions..
1. How much lift does the cam have?
2. Will you adjust the valves differently for the trip?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts