Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leaf spring car with caltracs bars and their leafs , was wondering how much end play is needed on a high horse powered car....i now have 7/8 play hanging out on the yoke..

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe i did not word it correctly....if ya take the draveshaft yoke that goes into the transmission , how much play should there be before it bottoms out into the tranny ?

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys..

Im thinking im going to take it up to a inch.....

Another question is why does the Strange super duty yoke Not have the splines all the way up to the edge like a stock one ? its like almost a half inch from being all the way to the end.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
If it's a t-400 it's done in-case it's the truck style shaft....
If it's the t-350 style and 1350 series, it's copied from the spicer design made to spec for the 700r...and it's used like that for the t-350 style trans since there was never a 1350 specific slip yoke made for it...only 1310 and 3r, and the 700 was used with 1350 series in some trucks..

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's a t-400 it's done in-case it's the truck style shaft....
If it's the t-350 style and 1350 series, it's copied from the spicer design made to spec for the 700r...and it's used like that for the t-350 style trans since there was never a 1350 specific slip yoke made for it...only 1310 and 3r, and the 700 was used with 1350 series in some trucks..

Thanks for the response , Im sure its alot stronger than the stock cast one even with the little less spline length , but it just made me wonder why they did it.....thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts