Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting new driveshaft in car today. I can barely get the driveshaft into the rear end yoke by turning both at the same time. This only leaves me .200" (at best) movement in the driveshaft before the yoke bottoms out on the seal of the tranny. It's a Strange yoke in a roller tailshaft powerglide. Is this enough? Street driven and nitrous raced ladder bar car. I'd feel more comfortable with probably another .5" of room. What's the experts say?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I am guessing you did this with the rear suspension at droop ? If so then you should be even further at ride height. Yes it's tight but at either end of the suspension travel if it has room you'll be ok, UNLESS you have rubber bushings.... but ladder bars don't.

Though to make it easier to get the shaft in and out see your local driveline shop and have them remove .75

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's on the ground and at ride height. No rubber bushings. I'll just have it shortened. Kind of a wasted post but I just like to hear what others do and hate second guessing myself. It's one of those deals where it will most likely work but too close for me to call. Drag week here we come!

·
Registered
20,215 Posts
if your tight at ride height, once the rear is unloaded (dropped down) you might be hitting-depending on the susp., as you unload the susp. the distance gets shorter bet the trans and rear
def shorten it-meas. the distance loaded and unloaded

·
Registered
17,385 Posts
It's on the ground and at ride height. No rubber bushings. I'll just have it shortened. Kind of a wasted post but I just like to hear what others do and hate second guessing myself. It's one of those deals where it will most likely work but too close for me to call. Drag week here we come!
This is a good idea. Not enough travel can potentially cause catastrophic problems. An ounce of prevention.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts