Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just remember when driving to stay the hell away from these idiots.

How many have had junk sail off and hit your ride or make you take emergency maneuvers?
Pretty thorough investigative report:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/investigations/debris-littering-area-roadways-could-be-deadly

http://www.news4jax.com/enterprise/drivers-taking-risks-carrying-cargo

Guy calls the news reporter a "dumb bitch/fuck" and denies it:

I-TEAM: "I'm Jennifer Waugh, with Channel 4. How are you? Sir, you've got a lot of stuff here and it's not real safe. Have you noticed, what if this falls out?
Driver: "It's all strapped down."
I-TEAM: "But you're driving on the road. How is this strapped down? I don't even see any straps."
Driver: "You see these dumb (expletive)?"
I-TEAM: "What do you just say to me?"
Driver: "I said, right here." (pointing to straps on the roof of his pickup truck)
I-TEAM: "Did you just curse at me?"
Driver: "No, okay."
I-TEAM: "So you feel confident..."
Driver: "Leave me alone."
I-TEAM: "I'm concerned about what could happen..."
Driver: "You're rude, you're a rude woman."
I-TEAM: "How am I being rude? I am just asking you an honest question. I'm a driver who shares the road and I just watched you drive over a bridge with that."
Driver: "Look at all the straps."
I-TEAM: "Do you see this thing that is sticking out on the other side of your trailer?"
The driver then walked away.

·
Registered
475 Posts
This is really a pet peave of mine as we own a mowing and landscaping company and I see this all the time in my industry. The open trailers with short sides and no straps on the mowers, what happens if the get ina wreck, where do you think that mower is going.
Mark

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is really a pet peave of mine as we own a mowing and landscaping company and I see this all the time in my industry. The open trailers with short sides and no straps on the mowers, what happens if the get ina wreck, where do you think that mower is going.
Mark

My buddy owns a yard service. Some dumb bitch in a car pulled out in front of his F350 with enclosed trailer behind. The air bags deployed. The main mower busted partially through the front of trailer frame/sheetmetal and surprisingly to me the deceleration bent the large ball hitch bar about 5-degrees.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
When I was a kid my father worked for the local highway department.
He was always bringing home shit that fell out of peoples trucks.
Ladders, tires, transmissions he kept the good stuff the rest stayed at work.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
My brother had to lay down his motorcycle once because somebody lost a chair in the middle of the road and there was nowhere for him to go. Road rash hell.
I ran over a 2x4 on the highway last year on my motorcycle. I had nowhere to go but over it. Thankfully it was perpendicular to my lane and not at an angle.

·
Registered
21,784 Posts
One hell of a long time ago I was in Navy electronics school at Treasure Island. (68-69) We had had a long weekend, and one of the students "didn't come back." Months later he showed up and told me what happened. He was on the bay bridge on his Honda 305 and a mattress fell off a truck in front of him. I don't remember his injuries, but it put him behind in school of course.

·
Brewmaster
12,628 Posts
I watched a recliner take flight at about 60 mph in front of me, I backed off to let the guy towing a trailer beside me swerve over to miss it. He just clipped it with the tires sending wood and whatever else flying.

Another good one was a bumper middle of I-10 between Pheonix and Tucson. Most do 80+ along there and that bumper came up quick. Car in front of me swerved, I saw a big red thing covering the whole lane, quick jab of the brakes and left on the wheel got around it on the shoulder. Watched my rearview for the fun and cars were diving left and right. Someone hit it and spun like a top middle of the highway.

I-5 and yet another recliner chair. Fell off a pickup, bounced in front of my dad's van, hit the hood and over it went. Left a small dent up front.

Not me but a friend. She had just went grocery shopping and ran over a mattress on the freeway. Pulled over, mattress caught fire and then the car with everything inside gone.

·
Mother Hen
52,449 Posts
I watched a recliner take flight at about 60 mph in front of me, I backed off to let the guy towing a trailer beside me swerve over to miss it. He just clipped it with the tires sending wood and whatever else flying.

Another good one was a bumper middle of I-10 between Pheonix and Tucson. Most do 80+ along there and that bumper came up quick. Car in front of me swerved, I saw a big red thing covering the whole lane, quick jab of the brakes and left on the wheel got around it on the shoulder. Watched my rearview for the fun and cars were diving left and right. Someone hit it and spun like a top middle of the highway.

I-5 and yet another recliner chair. Fell off a pickup, bounced in front of my dad's van, hit the hood and over it went. Left a small dent up front.

Not me but a friend. She had just went grocery shopping and ran over a mattress on the freeway. Pulled over, mattress caught fire and then the car with everything inside gone.
I couldn't avoid a large cushion once and it stuck up under the car. As soon as I saw that it didn't come out the rear, I pulled over and got it out. I'm really watchful for plastic bags that go under the car too. I once had to have one ground off the underside of my Vette because it melted immediately.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Some fucker cost me my 2005 Mustang GT by not securing his load----ran over a 3ft steel beam & tore out the new racing suspension I installed a month earlier. Insurance company totaled the car out so someone got a Hell of a deal on a '05 Mustang to turn into a race car. it STILL pisses me off!:smt093:smt093:smt093:smt093:smt093:smt093

·
Registered
18,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I heard about an empty 55 Gal Drum blowing out of a Pick-Up bed but there's got to be a whole lot more to that story. I used to carry cases and pallet loads of HVAC filters in my F150's bed and just used common sense where they were placed and where I was driving/speed.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
First time my dad let me take his Vette out alone I was on the highway and a brand new mattress flew out of a truck and hit right in front of me and all I could do was run over it. The plastic rap got all tangled up under the car. They stopped and got all the plastic out from under the car and I got their info. Car had to go in for lower front end damage.

Just last year saw a pretty good sized ladder fly out of a truck go a good 20 ft in the air, clear 1 car and smash into the front end of a Subaru on the highway. I stopped to make sure she was ok and the truck with the ladder never stopped.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I was following a truck and trailer on I-44 loaded with new appliances. One box fell off the trailer and spun off to the side of the highway.
I pulled off and stopped. The driver continued on. A guy pulled up behind me jumped out and said " I"ll help you load your box" as I was in my pickup.
I said thanks but it's not mine and explained the situation. I waited a few minutes and the truck and trailer came back around.
Could of had a new Kenmore dishwasher !!!!!!!!! :)

·
El Diablo
12,395 Posts
I watched a guy get hung up on a 12' long aluminum concrete chute that was laying across the lane on the bridge. His front tires went over it, and it was lodged under the belly of his utility van dragging the road like a snow plow. That had to sound obnoxious, lol.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
On my wedding day and on the way to the chapel ... a pick-up truck 2 cars in front of us has a surf board in the back. A puff of wind catches the board and it flies up, does a couple twisty turns and goes through the windshield of the car in front of us. No one was hurt.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.