Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best driveshaft to put in a 10.5 Turbo Car. Aluminum, Steel or Chromoly?

·
Registered
907 Posts
I just broke my driveshaft two weeks ago, and bought a Mark Williams. It's a bit pricey but you can really tell the difference in the parts. I got the 3.5" chromoly driveshaft, with their high end yoke. They claim that the 1350 u-joint is stronger material or will not break before the output shaft, probably cause of the length of the output shaft.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
i run a 3.5 m/w as chromoly as well,broke everything else in the drivetrain but the driveshaft

·
Registered
730 Posts
We use PST carbon fiber shafts in most of the high power cars, even our own, never had a problem and they look beautiful while the quality is also amazing.

·
**BOOSTED SBF***
3,303 Posts
I have been using a Chromoly shaft built from M/W parts for a number of years now and never had a failure. We also need to order a new shaft for our new car since I sold the old one with the other car. I would like to use a carbon shaft for the weight but I have seen quite a few failures that caused extensive damage to the car. I think with that being said, I will just order another c/m and be done with it and have a little more piece of mind. I know lots of guys that wouldn't use anything except carbon and others that wouldn't use them if they were giving them away. Like anything else, there is going to be good and bad stories from all of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts