Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, for you CCW holders, do you ever practice your draw from different angles? Draw while moving? Draw while going the opposite direction?

I watch a video of a Texas Trooper who is now a Texas Ranger(law enforcement kind) who was drawing and going the opposite direction, and turning and firing.

And it made me curious do any of us ever practice for that less than perfect situation?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
And drawing with opposite hand in case your primary is injured.

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skip ahead to 3:14 in this video because everyone has seen the first part a million times from my other post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blZgg00qO0A

I had a chance to ask Ranger Lopez about this, and all he would touch on was "feet do not fail me now" :-D

·
Registered
730 Posts
3-4 times a year during hunting season I get out there and do everything but barrel rolls. The main thing is to get creative and be safe, left handed while taking cover, from your back on the ground, and the scrable of course, just to name a few. I do it more to get a feel for it than as a drill, and allways a wager of who can print the most rounds.

·
Registered
500 Posts
My wife and I train together at least one Sat. per month. Drawing from concealment, practice drawing while exiting a vehicle combined with using the car as cover, She draws from her purse or from the fanny pack holster she made herself( velcro in the end, with a kydex insert inside. No zippers to fool with ) and can do well placed center mass hits in around 1 second average from either. She is going to shoot her first IDPA match this month, and should do well. We try to practice any scenario we can think of , with the aim of well placed rapid hits. It's a good thing we reload , Cause that .380 ammo is nearly impossible to find for her Walther. 50 - 100 rounds per month to keeps her sharp. I have shot IPSC and IDPA for many years, and enjoy the sport, as well as honing rapid shooting skills.
We never much saw the sense in NOT shooting as often as time allows.

Bonus, she helps reload, and doesn't mind maintenance on her own weapon, although she still doesn't understand my strange attraction to Hoppe's #9

1 - 7 of 7 Posts