Yellow Bullet Forums banner

DRAH RADIAL OR BIG SLICKS?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  18degsbcregal 
#1 ·
I HAVE A S10 WITH A 588CI NITROUS ON IT AND CURRENTLY RUNNIG 4.95-5.05. 1/8 MILE. WE ARE USING A BIG TIRE SLICK HOOSIER D06 COMPOUND 32X14.5R15 MY QUESTION IS COULD BE BETER ON A 315 M/T RADIALS? WE DONT HAVE ANY RESTRICTION FOR TIRES ON OUR LOCAL TRACK BUT THE TRACK ISNT PERFECT, ITS MADE FROM CONCRETE THE FIRST 300FT AND THEN ITS PURE ASPHALT, SO THE TRACK WE CAN SAY ITS GOOD FROM THE FIRST 300FT AND THEN YOU CAN STRUGGLE A LITTLE BIT, SO CAN I BE FASTER ON RADIALS OF COURSE WITH TE RIGHT SUSPENSION TUNE UP OR SHOULD I STAY WITH THE SLICKS? (4 LINK AFCO COILOVERS DOUBLE AJUSTMENTS) im sure that we can hook the radials on the track but i dont know if i can have problems after the good part of the track

#2 ·
If you can get the tires to dead hook, for sure the drag radial is a faster tire. Generally speaking, the slicks will work better than a radial on a surface that’s not so great, but it really depends on how bad the surface really is, and whether or not you can hit them hard enough and hold them down. Do you bracket race? Or it’s a heads up car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.