Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have owned door cars, dragsters font and rear motored. my favorite has been altered . seems to be the best all around.

·
Registered
694 Posts
i built a 225" fed and wish i would of built an altered for a few reasons. first, takes up less room in shop and trailer. second, its a multipurpose rig.. you can run more types of class racing. an example is you can run nostalgia if you want one weekend and go run with RED's or door cars. lastly, the FED is a pita to deal with but i think a RED would be easier as you can run with one person if need be and so can an altered. my trailer is 28' and 26' on the deck as i have front cabinents. i have about 4" of room on each end. i shove the front over against the wall and i can drive the golf car in beside it with a few inches of room on both sides.

dean

·
Registered
9,473 Posts
Love em or hate em at the end of the day there’s usually a RED left.

If your goal is to go fast and win rounds it’s the tool for the job. Not that a door car can’t do it you’re just at a disadvantage.

Years ago while going through medical treatment I made it a point to hit as many races as I could.

IIRC at one of the Bill Mitchell Atco three day races I’m pretty sure I heard them announce they had 52 perfect lights.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts