Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating on buying one, What are pros/ cons from the guys that have one or used to own one?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Cheap, easy to go real fast, easy to drive at lower power levels, fun to drive at higher power levels, bitch to transport and load, bitch to store, easy to work on.....
This is practically what my friend told me word for word about his pipe rack.

·
Registered
9,386 Posts
Pretty gay in my opinion.

If you are talking about a pipe rack that is.

I'd rather have a 10 second street car than an 8.50 1 speed.
The man asked a specific question of specific people which you as usual missed. Go back and read it again naynay… you've never owned a dragster or even a 10 second street car. Get the '66 chevy going, it's a cool car..

·
Super Moderator
49,514 Posts
THIS...…..

NHRA announces 2020 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series schedule | NHRA

OR THIS...….

Industrial Pipe Rack Manufacturers Manufacturer From – Stcgrupo

·
A Fine Example For Others
39,679 Posts
I would assume running a dragster would require having a "crew". At least with a door car, an individual can run one by themselves.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
I would assume running a dragster would require having a "crew". At least with a door car, an individual can run one by themselves.
Yes, true. But I have run my car with just me and 1 guy. You can do it yourself if you run a radiator and gas though. Lots of the 8.90 index guys drive them around and back.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Deadly consistent, I can load my car by myself in minutes. Easy to drive the stripe in, dont have to spend a ton to go 4s. They take more room to maneuver but for most part easy. If you get one inspect the chassis well. The uprights especially, and verify it has been transported with a chassis bladder. If it hasn't walk away!!!

·
39,679 Posts
Deadly consistent, I can load my car by myself in minutes. Easy to drive the stripe in, dont have to spend a ton to go 4s. They take more room to maneuver but for most part easy. If you get one inspect the chassis well. The uprights especially, and verify it has been transported with a chassis bladder. If it hasn't walk away!!!
When you say chassis bladder, do you mean an air bag that sits under the frame inflated during transport so the frame doesn't flex?

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Yes. Some refer to them as bags, bladder etc. Same purpose. I put one under mine then put a strap across the cage and pull the car down on it. That way it cant move or flex.

·
39,679 Posts
Yes, true. But I have run my car with just me and 1 guy. You can do it yourself if you run a radiator and gas though. Lots of the 8.90 index guys drive them around and back.
That I could see that happening having at least one extra hand at the track. If for nothing else but too tow the car back to the pits.

·
39,679 Posts
Yes. Some refer to them as bags, bladder etc. Same purpose. I put one under mine then put a strap across the cage and pull the car down on it. That way it cant move or flex.

Thank you.....more knowledge for my cranium.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts