Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a wing (s&w), but I need to fabricate or buy struts and weld tabs to the chassis. I don't mind fabricating them. But I'm having trouble finding pictures that clearly show the strut design. I would like to keep it reasonably low and not have it extend beyond the rear tires to help with trailer room.
Any pictures or sites that would have pictures to help?

·
TD 3550
2,742 Posts
I found a wing (s&w), but I need to fabricate or buy struts and weld tabs to the chassis. I don't mind fabricating them. But I'm having trouble finding pictures that clearly show the strut design. I would like to keep it reasonably low and not have it extend beyond the rear tires to help with trailer room.
Any pictures or sites that would have pictures to help?

I will see if i get some pics from a friends car on the mounting. I know on his car, it was too aggressive even set @ 0

·
TD 3550
2,742 Posts
He has the same issue, sits too far back. With his wing, he has to disconnect the front struts and swing it forward while in the 28' trailer. PITA.. Ever thought of a Mono?. This a suspended or HT?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
S&W sells a couple of kits - 05-028 for dragsters, 06-028 for altereds.

Keep in mind, exposed tubing and hardware is very draggy from an aero perspective (streamlined tubing is better, but expensive), so consider some solid aluminum uprights in lieu of tubular struts/diagonal supports if there's room to attach it.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has the same issue, sits too far back. With his wing, he has to disconnect the front struts and swing it forward while in the 28' trailer. PITA.. Ever thought of a Mono?. This a suspended or HT?
I wanted a mono strut. But the car is suspended with the shock on top right where the mono would mount.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
S&W sells a couple of kits - 05-028 for dragsters, 06-028 for altereds.

Keep in mind, exposed tubing and hardware is very draggy from an aero perspective (streamlined tubing is better, but expensive), so consider some solid aluminum uprights in lieu of tubular struts/diagonal supports if there's room to attach it.

Trying to visualize the aluminum uprights.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Trying to visualize the aluminum uprights.
Take a look at just about any road racing car with a rear wing. Many adjust by moving holes, some have fine adjustment by using a small double adjustable clevis on the back hole. The thinner any protrusion are on the underside of the airfoil, the more efficient the wing will be.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take a look at just about any road racing car with a rear wing. Many adjust by moving holes, some have fine adjustment by using a small double adjustable clevis on the back hole. The thinner any protrusion are on the underside of the airfoil, the more efficient the wing will be.

Thank you for the info!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts