Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
T/S 368E
25,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A buddy & me were considering swapping cars, so he could get a door car license and I could get a dragster license.
Problem is the few guys I know with a dragster capable of 7.40's are much shorter than me :(

So I still want the long WB license, so I'll have to pay for a school.
Not sure a little card I will never use, but just want to have is worth $6000???
That's a lot of fuel & entry fee's.

If I do write the check, how was your experience doing the classes.
It says T/D on Hawleys webpage, so I know there is at least one school I can get what I want??

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
When I went to Roy Hill's deal, I did it because I knew the chances of me ever being able to drive a Pro Stock car weren't very high. If all you're wanting to do is cross the license over, I can't imagine not being able to get that done for a whole lot less than 6-grand using someone else's car. I realize you said the short list of folks you know have cars that don't fit, but I would think SOMEBODY out there would be willing to help you out for quite a bit less than that.....

Sean D

·
T/S 368E
25,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm in Illinois and hate POS liberals.
I only know a couple of guys with dragsters,
and I highly doubt many strangers in Chicago would do me a favor knowing I think they are clueless idiots??

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I took Frank Hawleys back years ago. If you are a rookie just starting out I would say go. If your a experienced or semi experience driver looking to keen your skills and pick up a few pointers..... Save your money.

·
T/S 368E
25,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

37 years in door cars, never drove a dragster, and thought it would be cool to have both licenses.
Not going to learn anything, just to rent access to a dragster basically.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Have you been fitted for your drag racing dress? They will check for that safety equipment when you get the long wheelbase license.

·
TD 3550
2,692 Posts

37 years in door cars, never drove a dragster, and thought it would be cool to have both licenses.

Next time we talk, bring over your 5 or 15 and we will test fit in the car. Wide or not in the shoulders, i would like to see my self.. I can always move the pedals if needed.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts

How Tall are you , since most modern cars have adjustable pedals and most have been built with wide cages in the last 15 yr's or so ???

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I have set in on Frank Hawley's class a few times when my wife was going thru her licensing process , and if you have actually have the seat time you have said much will be basics.

But I will also say you will come away with some New ideas , and will pick up some pointers from it for sure.

A few years ago I went to George Bryce's school to get my Pro Stock bike license , George brought in Frank Hawley to teach the class room stuff , then learned I am really to Big to ride Pro Stock bikes.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
I have set in on Frank Hawley's class a few times when my wife was going thru her licensing process , and if you have actually have the seat time you have said much will be basics.

But I will also say you will come away with some New ideas , and will pick up some pointers from it for sure.

A few years ago I went to George Bryce's school to get my Pro Stock bike license , George brought in Frank Hawley to teach the class room stuff , then learned I am really to Big to ride Pro Stock bikes.
So yer sayin ur a little bigger than Angelle?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts