Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my car I have had since 1983 or so, I picked it up from a wrecking yard for $50 bucks, as you see it now it has been since 1988 when I finished it, it has ran into the 10s at 130 on 100 shot at albuquerques 5000 ft track it weighs 3620#s. Got married and moved to Phoenix in 1994 and it sat for a few years, ran it at Firebird without nitrous and ran 11.20 at 122 in 1996 and kids and family took precedence till a few yrs ago I got it registered again and began driving it. Basically the car has not been changed since I got it done way back when and is kinda a time machine for me.

So when I got it running my goal was to take it on power tour but things got in the way, anyway drag week is coming close to us this year and was thinking of taking it, my daughter graduates this year and its her birthday week during dragweek so I thought it would be cool but its kinda slow and was wondering if you guys thought I should leave it as is and take it as a survivor or build a new engine( I have parts to build a alum headed 430 inch engine that would make much more hp) just trying to see if you guys thought it would be cool to take it as is or go through it and make it faster.

Whats the bullet think?

s

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm thinking fuel mileage will suck with 2000+ cfm of carburetion. Go to the Hot Rod site and check out the different classes it might fit in and the rules. They have a daily driver class, stock/modified suspension, and then power adder/nat. asp. available. See which one your car fits in.

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
Neat car!
Yeah read the rules over. The chassis mods, rear tire width and engine size will determine the class and you don't want to be in a much faster class because of 1/2" of tire width or something.
That said it all depends how many cars are in the class and how many make it to the end. The fastest doesn't always win.

·
140th phuckstick bitches
13,676 Posts
I say go with the baddest proline twin turbo BBC they make. Put a tow hitch on it to tote around your stuff and wax Eddie Millers ass! You'd be our YB Drag Week hero!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you look at the results from last year you would have been competitve in the SBPA class on the bottle.

Does the car have a cage or a bar? Are you willing to jump through NHRA's money grabbing hoops to cert the car and yourself for quicker than 10.0 or 135?

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you are taking your daughter I'd focus on reliability and run Daily Driver rather than kill yourself and your budget to run one of the fastest average time survivor wins classes. You'll enjoy the trip more and so will she. Put it on Kill next time.

Nice car BTW my co-pilot for DW this year has Vortech blown AMC powered AMX that is a hoot, but not as pretty as your Javelin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts