Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question. One competitor asks the race director what the policy of people (not driver/passenger) thrashing on a car is. Doesn't accuse, just asks. Keep in mind, the competitor asking was in impound EVERY TRACK last year with only driver/passenger allowed to so much as touch the car. The answer? If it's not in impound, anyone can work on it. Because the competitor that asked is too nice of a guy to press the issue I will. Why is Larry Larsen not in impound and allowed help working on his car when other competitors are impounded and locked down? I'm sure they'll put him in impound to make it seem fair but only after he's got his stuff sorted and doesn't need the help.

Second question. When the question was only asked to the race director/hot rod staff, how does word of this make it back to Larsen and cause tension between the two teams?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,630 Posts
A LOT OF THE FASTER CARS...WILL OPT FOR IMPOUND ON THEIR OWN.....FOR ONE..IT'S THE BEST PARKING SPOT...2 NOT A LOT OF FOOT TRAFFIC...

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
The drivers meeting this morning they called 2 cars to impound. Larson was not one of them

·
It weighs how much????
1,629 Posts
Bailey should know the rules, as he raced last year and volunteered to go into impound last year. He gets impounded this year (likely because of the stellar 6.52 in testing); cranks a 6.54 and has the lead, plus the fact that Larson isn't even his closest competitor right now (Lutz is). Sounds like Bailey is worried to me; just my $.02.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bailey should know the rules, as he raced last year and volunteered to go into impound last year. He gets impounded this year (likely because of the stellar 6.52 in testing); cranks a 6.54 and has the lead, plus the fact that Larson isn't even his closest competitor right now (Lutz is). Sounds like Bailey is worried to me; just my $.02.
It isn't about anyone being scared, it's about rules and favoritism. Heck, I've never met Bailey in my life and it sounds like I care more about the issue than he would. Do you really think he's scared of a non-tested entry when he's rolling out consistent easy 6.50s?

And Lutz. Isn't the old car in impound as well? Good move on Hot Rod's part if so because that clearly is a support vehicle.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Whoa, the drama starts on day 1. What should have Larson been impounded just because he's Larsen? I've always thought hotrod kissed his ass but not impounding him so he can get his car sorted out seems kinda far fetched. But who knows.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Whoa, the drama starts on day 1. What should have Larson been impounded just because he's Larsen? I've always thought hotrod kissed his ass but not impounding him so he can get his car sorted out seems kinda far fetched. But who knows.
why would they impound him, he has a new car, untested. i think baily might be worried and prolly so seeing how fast larson went to the 1/8 with a untested car.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Impound is just a way of proving that the two guys are doing everything themselves. If that team needed to thrash on something to make it to the line, they would be allowed help per David Frieburger in a past statement. Help is supposed to come from other competitors whether in impound or not. If the help is not coming from competitors, I would cry foul. That being said, Hot Rod also understands that while this is a competition, this is also supposed to be a good time and is a lot of folks vacation, so they are kind of lax based on the situation from what I have seen.

As for your second question, the HR staff talks just like everyone else does. I have heard it personally. I competed last year and have been to two other DW's spectating.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Can someone explain to me why some cars are impounded and others not? I would think it would be all or none?

·
Registered
487 Posts
And Lutz. Isn't the old car in impound as well? Good move on Hot Rod's part if so because that clearly is a support vehicle.
If I was to choose a support vehicle, I would not choose an unlimited 57. I think that this is an opportunity for Jeffery to get some street/ strip time- nothing more.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
If I was to choose a support vehicle, I would not choose an unlimited 57. I think that this is an opportunity for Jeffery to get some street/ strip time- nothing more.
i agree i have watched that car run on more then i occasion. that car is a handfull when it set on kill. jeff has always had to drive the shit out of it. nothing like his new car.

but i do like that old beast it's a bad mofo in person.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Question. One competitor asks the race director what the policy of people (not driver/passenger) thrashing on a car is. Doesn't accuse, just asks. Keep in mind, the competitor asking was in impound EVERY TRACK last year with only driver/passenger allowed to so much as touch the car. The answer? If it's not in impound, anyone can work on it. Because the competitor that asked is too nice of a guy to press the issue I will. Why is Larry Larsen not in impound and allowed help working on his car when other competitors are impounded and locked down? I'm sure they'll put him in impound to make it seem fair but only after he's got his stuff sorted and doesn't need the help.

Second question. When the question was only asked to the race director/hot rod staff, how does word of this make it back to Larsen and cause tension between the two teams?

If somebody sets the fastest time in their class every day....... THEY WIN!!!!!!!

That's all that really counts.

Anything other than that is just DRAMA for the little momma's.

I really don't think Bailey gives a phuck how many folks work on other folks cars & that attitude is why he will probably win.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On the contrary, I would choose that car hands down. It becomes a rolling parts car. Which is why it would be smart of Hot Rod to impound the slower one.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
On the contrary, I would choose that car hands down. It becomes a rolling parts car. Which is why it would be smart of Hot Rod to impound the slower one.
u work for steve correct, i rember that jeep at milan after steve tuned chads blue notch.

so how havnt u meet baily????

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
What I was thinking^^^^^^

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You must be thinking of something else? I've never worked for them or anywhere in the industry actually.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts