Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
LSx The World
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much will the average participant spend in order to attend this event from the time you leave home until the time you come back I want to try this at least once in my lifetime just wondering

fuel
hotels
entry fee
food
parts
anything else

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have wondered the same question.I have followed drag week for a long time and want to attend.i have tried to add up a cost and i see about 2 grand should cover gas/hotel/and what ever you need less breakage.:-damnit

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
i spent about 2300 last year... that was gas for the truck to tow out there. gas for the car on the trip. entry fee and hotels and food. i used my discover card which had a zero balance and charged everything so i could keep a log of the costs. fuel and hotel were obviously the biggies. i had a co pilot and he split the hotel with me so that helped.

·
LSx The World
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anything else that I should know?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Is there anything else that I should know?
Don't blow your shit up trying something new mid week ....
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Valve train, work on your car with the tools your going to take so you take the right ones.

Go with the idea of lasting 5 days not winning

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
This year looks like

Topeka
Great Bend
Amerilo
Tulsa
Topeka

second week in Sept.

·
LSx The World
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I want in maybe next year

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Don't blow your shit up trying something new mid week ....
Posted via Mobile Device
You hit the nail on the head right there!!! :( We had a GREAT trouble free week going last year, and at least had a runner up pretty much in the bag, and laid down our fastest pass ever, but could not leave well enough alone, and with some urging from an "outside influence", we turned up the wick and hurt some parts! :mad:

I can tell you this year, I ain't listening to anyone, I will stick with the game plan that I know works.. ;)

So yes, take this advise, and don't forget it!

You can even Meet "The Eddie Miller" in Person!

A Class for every kind of car.
I'm not quite sure how to take that, Jeff.. :smt110

·
LSx The World
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll be watching just make sure you represent the malibu's

1 - 20 of 36 Posts