Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend and I are planning to take my Nova on Drag Week this fall, but we haven't decided who's going to drive in on track. Can we both register as the driver and decide later? I sent Hot Rod an email asking the same thing, but I thought someone on here might know.

·
Registered
569 Posts
This is taken from drag week rules page, I think you just enter as normal with one driver listed then get the extra driver wristband at tech and then either of you can race

•Drag Week allows multiple drivers for the same car provided that all drivers meet the requirements. Extra drivers require the purchase of an extra driver’s wristband. Details available on registration day. •Cars with multiple drivers are not eligible for more than one finishing position

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I was too slow. But I'm on the wait list and I hear there's a pretty good chance to get in if I show up on registration day. People can't make it but don't cancel their spots, and Martin is only a 20 minute drive :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
We went to spectate the year it was at Cordova. The first check in was a mile from my house, we couldn't believe the broken cars in the first 45 miles, a lot of them hadn't been on the road before. We helped 3 on the road and a couple at the check point. The guy that owned the old drive in theater said he had no idea his place was a check point. He missed a day of work. My guess is a few of the cars that try the drive to Martin might not make it.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're not wishing bad luck on anybody, but it would be cool to get in. We'll see come September!

Question for those who have done Drag Week before: do you race in the morning and then head to the next track, or travel in the morning/afternoon and race in the evening?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
We're not wishing bad luck on anybody, but it would be cool to get in. We'll see come September!

Question for those who have done Drag Week before: do you race in the morning and then head to the next track, or travel in the morning/afternoon and race in the evening?
Typically race in the morning and get on the road after you turn in your timeslip and show them your checkpoint pics. I would recommend getting to the tracks as early as possible,

·
Registered
422 Posts
I tried to get in also. Was going to try Pro street power adder. I know i wouldn't win as I only have a pump gas small block that runs mid to high 8's, but it would be a blast. Is there a way to know where u are on the backup list? We did right away, but probably am still way down the list.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,372 Posts

First cars go down the track at 8 am. They are the class cars, so every class except "Street Machine Eliminator". SME gets called up for their own session at about 10-10:30.

They run cars until 2pm unless there is weather, crash, or oil down delays. They will add the amount of time the delays caused to the end of the day, or if cars stop coming up they will shut it down.

Most everyone packs up and makes the ride as soon as you hand your time slip in and get the route. The thought is to have as much available time as possible to make the drive in case you have problems. The later you leave the track, the less people following behind you that can possibly help you if you need help or a random part during the drive.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,372 Posts
I tried to get in also. Was going to try Pro street power adder. I know i wouldn't win as I only have a pump gas small block that runs mid to high 8's, but it would be a blast. Is there a way to know where u are on the backup list? We did right away, but probably am still way down the list.
Eventually you will receive an email telling you your place on the waitlist, last year 1-25 were told exactly where they were, then it went in groups 26-100, 200-300, 300-400, etc.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Eventually you will receive an email telling you your place on the waitlist, last year 1-25 were told exactly where they were, then it went in groups 26-100, 200-300, 300-400, etc.
Thanks honk for all the info!! Funny I just asked this cause by the time I got home I received an email saying I am between 101 and 200 on the list. Anyone know how far down that list they normally get to?

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,372 Posts
Thanks honk for all the info!! Funny I just asked this cause by the time I got home I received an email saying I am between 101 and 200 on the list. Anyone know how far down that list they normally get to?
Last year everyone got in that showed up. I was 68th on the wait list but that didn't matter, they called everyone up at when they were close to having the registered people done tech.

In total I believe they took 55 waitlisters.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
This year will be interesting being back in the midwest. We expect it to be really busy. The waitlist only goes to 500, I have a buddy that got on the list but never got an email, assuming he is 501+.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd say the chance to go is worth a two hour drive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts