Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a phone interview Friday...........I can't find a track within an hour and a half of Charlotte. Tell me there is one closer. Phuck, since I drive my junk to and from the track, I may have to have them throw in a truck and an enclosed trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
mooresville is a little 1/8 mile track about 20-25min from charlotte.. they run a thursday t n t 5-10pm

·
Registered
28 Posts
farmington is less than 85 miles from charlotte - all concrete 1/8 mile. darlington is less than 85 miles from charlotte t/t wednesday night - run 1/8 + 1/4 clocks. rockingham is less than 85 miles from charlotte run saturday nights and also run 1/8 + 1/4 clocks. mooresville is 1/8 mile and does t/t on thurday nights and races saturday nights. plenty of places to test and race. greg anderson tests at mooresville and cagnazzi tests at farmington.

·
Revolution Is My Name
20,381 Posts
I have a phone interview Friday...........I can't find a track within an hour and a half of Charlotte. Tell me there is one closer. Phuck, since I drive my junk to and from the track, I may have to have them throw in a truck and an enclosed trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are about 10 tracks close to Charlotte and they are building a new 1/4 mile track at Lowes Motor Speedway.

Check the IHRA Site for member tracks. Outlaw tracks close too.

Mooresville Dragway, Shadyside Dragway, Jefferson-Pageland Dragway, Farmington Dragway, Rockingham Dragway, Lowes will be about 10 Miles from Charlotte and it opens in Sept.

·
Registered
231 Posts
1/4 the rock or darlington with in a couple of hours,1/8 you have plenty moorsville,shadyside,farmington,peidmont,and one a friend owns jefferson pageland all good tracks.Chad

·
Registered
28 Posts
a few more - pageland sc 1/8 - you go right by it going to darlington. piedmont in greensboro is 1/8 mile - have big dog races there once a month. a new track will open next year in union sc - i believe they will make it 1/4 mile.

·
SunDial Express
1,437 Posts

·
Revolution Is My Name
20,381 Posts
Oh and since you are a yankee... We race all year long! And get this,

Wed. (Darlington)
Thurs. (Shadyside, Mooresville)
Fri. (Shadyside, Pageland, Rockingham)
Sat. (Everywhere about 15 tracks you can drive to)
Sun. (Shadyside in the winter, Dorchester)

·
Registered
557 Posts
head to Orangeburg this weekend you wont find a better track. yeah, its a little more than an hour but it's a fairly easy drive. plus you'll get to see the Quick 8 Outlaws in action.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
710 is the hookinenest track in NC.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the response! Looks like the new track will be a little closer than what Gateway is from the house now. I just need to land the job.................Thanks

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Adeeos,
Get the job. You won't have much trouble finding somewhere to race in NC.

Mideastbusa,
Do you work at Competition? I sell tires to those guys. Small world. Tell Angela I said "howdy". MJ
I used to,thats my white LX there at the shop.

·
Registered
658 Posts
We will be at Farmington all day fri, we have the track rented from 10 am till 4pm and then fri nite crusin begins about 5pm , 77 north to 40 east about an hour from charlotte

1 - 20 of 20 Posts