Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
YB, need some help here, the "Yes" is only 9-10% ahead. This needs to be a blow out! Let's shoot for at least 75%.

That said I'm not sure about the whole "city-owned" thing. If you look at football and baseball stadiums, there is often lots of tax-payer money put into building them, but I'm not sure they are city owned very often.

Then again maybe its a good idea, instead of a single manager and staff, there could be a coordinator, whose responsibility would be to schedule different groups to use the track, with those that make the most money for the city getting priority for the good nights and weekends.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I voted too, I'm guessing Buick City would be a prime location for it, except the noise issue.

Never gonna happen but what the hell, Flint's as good a place as anywhere for one to pop up..............

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
I voted too, I'm guessing Buick City would be a prime location for it, except the noise issue.

Never gonna happen but what the hell, Flint's as good a place as anywhere for one to pop up..............
Noise issue? Itll be city owned. I doubt the city is going to pass ordinances restricting its own drag strip.

·
Registered
794 Posts

its funny that you mention the noise issue. lol the noise is already there, by putting in a drag strip, they will atleast maintain the noise to certain hours. instead of racing to all hours of the night.;)

:party

·
Registered
452 Posts
Noise issue? Itll be city owned. I doubt the city is going to pass ordinances restricting its own drag strip.
I'm talkin about the people that will be against it, noise will be their chief issue.

I still think Buick City is perfect for it, they will NEVER be able to sell that land because of the contamination from all those years. The cost to clean it up will be astronomical.

May be a problem even doing a strip there, but it'd give people a reason to go to Flint other than to buy crack :smt082

·
Stuck in Lidsville
3,087 Posts
Come on YB people, please take the time to vote even if you think it will never happen................
The power of numbers sometimes makes others listen...........

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
I'm talkin about the people that will be against it, noise will be their chief issue.

I still think Buick City is perfect for it, they will NEVER be able to sell that land because of the contamination from all those years. The cost to clean it up will be astronomical.

May be a problem even doing a strip there, but it'd give people a reason to go to Flint other than to buy crack :smt082
The city will do what it wants.

Im not sure how anyone in flint could be against something that will bring people and revenue to the city.

·
DURCHWATEN POTENZ Baby!
22,916 Posts
The city will do what it wants.

Im not sure how anyone in flint could be against something that will bring people and revenue to the city.
It's amazing what city's will do to stop a drag strip from getting built. I had proof six ways from Sunday about street racing in Plattsburgh. They still didn't care. I argued very well and they would not budge. They wouldn't even listen to the lawyer I had. Or the shop owners that people raced in front of. Or the speed shop that was there. Or anything else I could throw at them.

I don't get it?

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
It's amazing what city's will do to stop a drag strip from getting built. I had proof six ways from Sunday about street racing in Plattsburgh. They still didn't care. I argued very well and they would not budge. They wouldn't even listen to the lawyer I had. Or the shop owners that people raced in front of. Or the speed shop that was there. Or anything else I could throw at them.

I don't get it?
Yea, but this track in flint would be owned by the city.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
"That's kind of a tough question to answer," said Dennis Janowiak, owner of the Ubly Dragway, who noted that starting any business is difficult, especially with Michigan's struggling economy.

Janowiak said the Ubly Dragway has been slow this year, but on a good day attracts about 25-35 competitors and 400 spectators. A more typical crowd is 100 to 200 race watchers.

He said more successful tracks can attract 100 racers and more than 1,000 spectators.

They need to talk to Mr. Baxter versus the guy from Ubly. Ubly is way further away from the masses than Milan (and Flint if they build it).

And I voted yes. 66/33 now.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts