Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many passes are you guys getting on a drag radial (like 275's to 325's, 28" tall)? Do the sidewalls give up like a slick? I want to try some on my car, just looking for some info.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Depends on how hard your hitting them and what tire is it. A reg m/t has a thicker sidewall then the hoosier, and the m/t 275x is thinner then that. 60 foot times ang weights will play into it also. The top guys going 4.60-4.70 get about 15. 10 second car could last 150.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With a glide and a brake I have cut mid 1.20's with 28x10.5 MT slicks. I currently dont have a glide in it, but plan on repairing it before too long and putting it back in.

·
Registered
287 Posts
On our Chevelle with 17 lbs even on the street these tires worked great.The sidewalls will wrinkle quite a bit, they were unbelieveably stable on the road.The launches were just what I hoped for only problem was they pickup every grain of sand and the rear quarters take a beating.Never ran them enough to wear them out.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope to find a set used to try soon, mabey from one of the x275 guys that change them more often. Please let me know if anyone knows or has a set that I can get to try.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I got a set of 275's like new if you are interested
Dang! I was just in Chesapeake last week on business and I'm needing some new tires....Looks like a pretty good deal. What would it cost to ship them to 27106?

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
ran them on my car wore out almost after 20 some passes and about 2000 street miles. my old bias ply cheater slicks lasted much longer

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dang! I was just in Chesapeake last week on business and I'm needing some new tires....Looks like a pretty good deal. What would it cost to ship them to 27106?
Id meet you in the middle, say south hill if you are interested . I have pics on norfolk craigslist just type drag radial in auto parts search

1 - 10 of 10 Posts