Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ladderbarred minitubbed mustang with a 315 D/R on a 12 inch wheel. I have Strange DBl adjustables.Car leaves great but past 330 it starts to wobble back and forth.I had 14.5 lbs in it, is that too low? Any input or is that common for the Drag Radials? I have never ran them before.If this is in the wrong forum, feel free to put it where it belongs.Thanks.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
do you have an anti roll bar? that definatly helped my car with the wobble!

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Tighten the shocks on the rear and make sure your anti roll is properly adjusted.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Tighten the shocks.

Also check the pinion angle. I tried running more pinion angle 1 time. If I got to or over -5 degrees it would ge that same wobble around 300 feet. You couldn't hold it. I backed the pinion angle back a few degrees and no issues.

Also make sure all the heim ends on the bars are not worn.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Its a ladder bar car it should not, although it may, have a ARB. The rear end housing is the ARB on a ladder bar car. To much preload may also be driving the car around.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
When you say Wobble... Describe what you mean

Does it only do it with the Radials? Not present with slicks?

Generally I look tot he front when a customers says the car wobbles...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine wobbled like hell with 16 lbs of air, running Hoosier 325/50-15 DOT Radials. Tightening the rear shocks and upping air pressure to 19 psi brought it under control. I also have a little too much pinion angle.

My 60 foots are around 1.38-1.39.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you have a Bias Tire on the front?
No i Have the Front Runners on there. No ARB. The car is set up Neutral with no preload. I had a great 60 ft and the pass was great too it just wobbled.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts